Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's everyones favorite .22 rifle?

My favorite is the Marlin 989g Semi Auto with clips, with a deerfield 4x32 wide view scope. Squirrels don't know what hit them. Ive also inherited grandpas Ranger 101.13 bolt action. Nice gun but no scope.

As for the gun jamming, I just bought 2 boxes (525 golden bullet value pack) of Remington Long Hollow Points. I think they are cheaply made and the reason the gun is jamming. I get maybe 1 jam per clip. Not a big deal, i need to break the gun down and give it a good cleaning to know for sure.

Last edited:
Remington 572 Pump Action.....you would need a simi to haul all the rabbits i have killed in front of beagle since 12 years of age.....i am now 50.
No scope, no fiber optics....and oh yea...never shot one sitting since i was 12 either....got a love a rush of hitting running rabbits with pump .22

you would need a simi to haul all the rabbits i have killed in front of beagle since 12 years of age
hardly any rabbits around here, rabbit meat is my favorite. We bred them for butcher when I was a kid. Id fill my freezer with rabbit instead of deer any day of the week!

Winchester model 62 for me. Had it since the day I was born.
Winchester62183743.jpg

I've also got a Remington 522. Pretty good gun but the 62 is by far the favorite.
Remington5221403276.jpg

Shovel, you probably came out of the womb in your leathers, wielding that 62. You are definitely one of a kind :D Those little Winchesters are sweet rigs. Looks like you've kept her in pretty good condition also :way:

I love the looks of that 62, Shovel. I have always wanted a Winchester 9422. My buddy had one when we were growing up. It was such a solid gun, and the checkering on the stock was amazing.

speaking of a 62 thats what i shot my first squirel they are great guns if i ever had to give up my 1022 i would for sure go to one of my ole winchesters!!!!

Winchester model 62 for me. Had it since the day I was born.
Winchester62183743.jpg

I've also got a Remington 522. Pretty good gun but the 62 is by far the favorite.
Remington5221403276.jpg
I too have the Win.model 62.Awesome Plinker!! But my favorite in my Marlin Model 39. My dad bought all 3 boys one. the brothers got the 39A's and i got the 39. they had theirs 15 yrs before me. Beings i was an After Thought!:D

Remington Nylon 66. Have beat the heck out of that gun coon hunting and it just keeps going bang. Had it since I was 14 I'm now 50

Little Marlin 70 carbine, clip...er... magazine fed, always goes bang when I pull the trigger. Bought my daughter a Marlin 795, supposed to be similar, but they just don't make them like they used to.

Remington Nylon 66. Have beat the heck out of that gun coon hunting and it just keeps going bang. Had it since I was 14 I'm now 50

My dad has the same gun, probably shot over 1000 coon with it! Don't ever drop it and break the stock, they are about impossible to find! :way:

Remington Nylon 66

nylon66.jpg

I have a Nylon 66 in my gun safe.

It use to belong to my step-father, he got it after I left home.

My step brothers shot the heck out of it. It was so gummed up when mother gave it to me it wouldn't cycle or eject a round.

I cleaned it up and it works perfectly. :)

Top Bottom