Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which brand trail cameras work best?

C

cdean

I bought and tried a digital stealth cam and was absolutely disgusted with the performance of the camera. The batteries would die in 2 days. Can anyone let me know what has worked good for them (35mm or digital)? Thanks

I have two 35 mm homebrews and 1 digital from Vman and have had excellent luck with them. Anything made by Vman
waytogo.gif
is the way to go or if you're good with electronics you can build your own.

I have the 35mm NON-TYPICAL DEERCAM and have had great luck with it also. I am ready to step up to digital though. If you add up film and developing cost it really does pay to go digital. Good luck!

i agree with camoup.. Cuddeback digital all the way. look at the photos i have posted in 05 spring trailcam contest to see quality. Absoulutly love it. about to by a 3rd camera

If you have the time and patience, I would look into building your own. Visit www.hagshouse.com for all the details. Look for all the details on the sony p41. This is hands down the best camera out there.
If you dont want to build, then buy one from me.
grin.gif

Third, buy a camtrakker with a sony p41 in it.
Last, buy a cuddeback. Cuddeback would be higher on my list, but because they dont have a way to view the pictures in the field I find this to be a major set back.

Just my two cents!

If you have a hard time deciding between a home brew with a P-41 Sony and a Cuddeback, just make the logical choice and get one or two of each!
evil.gif

I just ordered a Cuddeback (got a heck of a deal on it) and 2, 256 MB Compact Flash Cards. My regular digital camera takes the same cards so I figure I can swap them in the field and toss it into my camera to view out there.

If your looking for Compact Flash cards for memory check out OfficeMax. They are online if you dont have a store near you. The 256MB cards are 9.99 after rebates.

Don

photohunter 35 mm. I am pretty happy with it. I would sell you, I mean sacrifice it to you for a mere $500.00. Since you are a IW member make it $450.00
smirk.gif

Top Bottom