Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who was it?

DOR

Life Member
Who passed me and the JR Executive this morning on I-90 westbound...would have been between Stewartville and Austin, MN

IW sticker in the lower right rear window. Some other deer decal on the driver side rear window.

Appeared to be a Silver Grand AM with Iowa plates, but I was crawling along in the JR Executive so I couldn't make out the model of car for sure once I noticed the IW sticker.

Here is a picture of the beast I have been driving lately to combat gas prices.....56.53 MPG last tank. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
resized_JR_Executive.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">56.53 MPG last tank. </div></div>

Bite me!!!!!!!!!!! I'd have to pull the front seat out and take the roof off to drive that thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I don't think I'd feel well mounted in it.

Wasnt me either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't think I'd feel well mounted in it. </div></div>

I think I'd deal with it for 56.5 mpg.

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">56.53 MPG last tank. </div></div>

Bite me!!!!!!!!!!! I'd have to pull the front seat out and take the roof off to drive that thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I don't think I'd feel well mounted in it. </div></div>

Suprisingly, it actually has more leg room than my Frontier or our Odyssey.

Per tank stats measure up something like this:
JR Executive-approx 400 miles per tank at average 50 MPG= 8 gallons X 3.50/gallon = $28

Frontier- same 400 miles/15 MPG=26.67 gallons x $3.50= $93.33

JR Executive Savings= 93.33-28= $65.33 saved every time I fill him up.

I drive 100+ miles per day. Its been a good investment thus far. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Cant imagine it costed a whole bunch. So it cant take long to get your money out it.

Now if you just camo the entire thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Dean

Should pay for itself by early fall if we can get that far without any upgrades (AKA repairs). I'm told 3 cylinder 5 speeds are pretty good engines and easy to fix. I thought about Zebra Stripes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

That would have been my car on the road. However, not me driving..lol..Has the IW sticker, John Deere in the middle, and Hoyt deer head on the left side.

DOR,

Rip the seats out, over inflate the tires a pound or two, i bet you can get a few more MPG's out of that beast!!!

Really have been thinking about getting a car like that. After getting around 70-85 miles in my truck on a full tank think id have better luck with something a little smaller. Atleast to drive long distances...

Not me, but I too started driving a small car. I went with a Civic...36 MPG. It's about like driving a go cart. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to strap a deer to the thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THINKIN RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not me, but I too started driving a small car. I went with a Civic...36 MPG. It's about like driving a go cart. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to strap a deer to the thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>

Like this:

23DodgeOmniElk.jpg

Its a 94 GEO Metro 3 cylinder 5 speed.

If you can find the coveted 89-94 Geo Metro XFI...you could be looking at average #'s around 55MPG up to 65MPG if driven like a turtle. Hard to find one that dosent hjave the frame rusted out.

I have hte tires set at 42PSI and have considered gutting it, but not sure I will take it to that extreme. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I surfed the web on the latest and greatest cars for FE and I see that Honda has released a car in Califoria the runs 100% on hydrogen and a company known as MDI or Zero pollution motors has release planned for 2010 for a ACE car( air combustion engine)....neat concept that propell the car on compressed air for up to 1000 miles at speeds up to 96MPH before having to refill the compressed air tank. Not much to look at but the car is said to be released at around 18K. The toyota Prius is probably the best FE car right now that is new, but with the premium you pay to own it, it would take 10 years to break even at least.

If I was leaning towards something newer right now I'd probably go with a Manual tranny toyota Corolla....hard to beat for the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flugge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would have been my car on the road. However, not me driving..lol..Has the IW sticker, John Deere in the middle, and Hoyt deer head on the left side. </div></div>

It did appear to be a women, but she flew by so fast I couldn't tell for sure.

As far as the Prius you are getting better millage than the Prius with your Metro. My dad said he averages (city and highway) 40-50 MPG. There's a guy in MN. I think he live up in St. Cloud by me that specializes in converting Metro's for fuel efficency. I think he was on the news last week.

On another note DOR, you didn't happen to buy a Powerball ticket in rice county last week did you?

I never buy them, but broke down and bought one last week....had me excited for a second. I was in Mower though.

I would have bought one earlier but I always thought you had to put "save the earth" and "Vote Al Gore" bumper stickers on it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not me, but I too started driving a small car. I went with a Civic...36 MPG. It's about like driving a go cart. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to strap a deer to the thing.</div></div>

Ditto /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Those little cars can do a lot more than a guy would think. In highschool I drove a 1979 V W Rabbit, gas w/ 4 speed, & a 6" coil lift. The backseat was removable, had a hatchback. Was awesome for trapping & hunting. Great gas mileage & only ripped the wires off the fuelpump 3 times in the field /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom