Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Won an Outback: What to do?...

AIRASSAULT

PMA Member
So, last night at the Cedar Co. Longspurs NWTF banquet, I won a Mathews Outback... Still brand new in the box.. I'm having troubles deciding what I want to do with it. I already have a Switchback that I bought the year they came out, however, the Switchback is a heavy bow and I like the lightness and shorter bow length of the Outback. I don't think I've ever shot an Outback. Has anyone shot both of them? What are your opinions between the two? I'm thinking about maybe selling or trading one of them in for an AR-15 of some sort...

I have an outback that I kept when I purchased my new mathews a couple years ago. I still feel more comfortable picking up the outback than I do the new one. Thing is I gave my outback to my son to use when he is here hunting. So I like them.

OR you could give one to a friends little brother ;) haha. No really thats a sweet deal I'd keep the one you like best and put the other one towards an AR like you want to do.

I'd take it out and have a rest and knocking point put on it so you could shoot it and see what you think. Shooting 30-50 arrows through it ain't going to lower it's resale anymore than it is from being a few years old. Might come to pass that the older model is more comfortable to shoot than the newer model.

I agree with what Muddy was saying. Might be a better shooter for you than your Switchback. Either way getting rid of the Outback or Switchback will make a great down payment on an AR!

I would put a rest on it, get the center shot set up. Then take it by the bottom limb and swing it as hard as you can over your head into a hard object. Bout the best thing you can do with it. LOL:moon:.

J/k. Shoot the thing and see if you like it, you might be surprised.

Put it on a rope for a boat anchor! Haha someone had to go there :)

If you are going to keep it make sure your cam is timed, Mathews is natorious for their cams being under or over rotated right out of the box. There are 2 timing marks on the cam and they should be parallel with the string. Pretty obvious when they are out of time.

If not put that baby up forsale. And about a hundred bucks under retail or trade it for a bow you want, if you are a Mathews shooter.

Keep them both!!!

No such thing as too many bows!!! :D

yep.. I decided to keep them both. Took the Outback in to get set-up on Saturday and last night, I just ordered a dozen of the Easton Fatboy's. I'm going to just use the Outback as my 3-D shoot bow.

Top Bottom