Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

05/06 Buck

ironwood

The left photo is this year and the right photo is 2005. I think this guy has reach his potential. What does everyone else think? Lights out if he walks by me.

5470605compare-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone else think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he'd be a lot bigger if....

you put some fertilizer on those beans!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Time for a long nap for him if you ask me, those brows are sweet and hopefully the next few weeks give him some seriour tine length because he looks like a good one

Sorry to say it, dad, but I think another year could be what he needs. With as much body as he put on, who knows how much he was actually able to put toward antler growth?

Wow Madison, I was kind of thinking how skinny he looked last year (2.5?) and wondered if he was done yet. I also wondered what month last years photo was taken? Same month? Definitely a beaut, though, no shame taking him this year!

I think he's a 4 year old and is just becoming mature. he would be a good buck to hang on the wall but keep in mind body is more important than horns. some times between 3 and 4 the body finishes growing to say 95% maturity, meaning during this year he may have put more effort into growing musle than antler. over the next growing season he will porbably increase very little in weight and could put much more of the nutrients in to his rack. some deer shine after body maturity more than others and there is no way to know. the choice is yours but keep in mind you can't kill a booner if you kill him before he gets there. good luck with what ever you decide.

This is the bucks body last June 17 2005. I know it is hard to tell he is the same in this shot but that is the frame just before the shot above. The photo this year was taken on June 30th. I think his lenth developement lags last year and the comment by ozzie1 could explain that. I do not have earlier picture of this guy but these make me believe 4 years is a good age on him.
5476-19-05_075resized-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Lights out....

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to say the light is gonna go out in the freezer when you close the lid on him?

Good luck with him.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom