Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

10/18 season over

dblmainbeam

I shot an 8pt buck tonight. Had some major groung shrinkage though. Hes not bad but I was a little dissapointed. I just aquired some new property to hunt this morning. Went out set up a stand went home for awhile then headed back out. I was in my stand for about an hour when a doe and her twins came through then about five minutes later I heard something behind me. Three bucks came right under my stand I didnt have much time to think and after watching alot of forkhorns coming under my stand on the other property I hunt these looked big. I decided that I would take the second one if they walked through my shooting lane. Sure enough they came right under and I shot him at five yards. He ran about fifty yards and layed down. I snuck out and went to get some help. Came back about an hour later and he was already starting to get stiff. It was a perfect shot.Hes not a wall hanger but he'll have to do. It was a good confidence builder after losing a hog last year. Feels good not to have to search for hours trying to find a deer. My wife was excited that I ended my season so early. I haven't reminded her that pheasant season opens up soon.

Congratulations!

BTW, do not let my wife know that season can end early. She thinks you have to keep hunting until January.
evil.gif

Top Bottom