Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/9 12 Pointer Down

Jethro

Well i filled my any sex tag yesterday at 9:50 a.m. Heres the story i got out of me stand about 9:15 and was going to still hunt back to the house. I hunted to the top of were an oak ridge and an alfalfa field meet. I was about twenty yards from the fence when i a faint grunt. I grunted twice and all of the sudden a doe and this buck came out around the corner of the timber and ran right at me. I fumbled to get an arrow nocked when they came running right in front of me twenty yards and down to the timber draw. I grunted several more times and figured it was a done deal and walked to the corner of the fence and gruunted two more times. 30 seconds later here he come up over the rise in the hay field grunting the whole time. I nealt down and grunted one more time. that was it he came in on a string. About thirty yards out i drew but he was looking right in my direction. Then he grunted and walked directly toward me with in 15 feet from me and i nailed him. i'm not kdding he was 15 feet!!! I watched him run off and fell over on my back trying to regain consciousness. After an hour and a half wait we started tracking him. We tracked him over 400 yards in to a thicket patch were he bedded down. The only problem is he is still alive. After fifteen minutes he gets up and jumps the fence and walks out into an open bean field, My heart sank. But then about sixty yards out i watched him really start to wobble and then he crumpled right out the middle of the field. But still he was not dead i could still see his head moving around. After ten minutes and knowing he wasn't going to go anywere i stalked up to him within twenty yards and sunk another arrows in both lungs. It was now 3:08 p.m. After we field dressed him we found out that my first shot was a little far forward and only nicked one lung and stuck in the shoulder on the other side. So after 400 yards & three and a half hours of tracking i was beside myself. I don't have to explain the feeling after harvesting such an animal. it was preety much like this in the middle of the bean field
30571-green1.gif
It will be one of the most memorable hunts of my liftime because of the the way i took him and the work in tracking him. The first two pictures were the ones of him laying in the field before i snuck out to put him under. Good luck to all who are still going at it!!!
496MVC-006F-med.JPG
496MVC-002F.JPG
496MVC-015F-med.JPG
[image]MVC-008F.JPG[/image]

Great story! and congrats on your deer! As usual, persistence pays off.

Really nice deer! Great story, I am glad you got him. The pictures of him going down are cool!

Congrats

HT

congratulations!! thats a great buck most definitely, sounds like a really really exciting hunt, i could picture it all from here.
smile.gif

Here is another picture of me that my buddy took of me after he went down and was still alive. This is when i snuck out to finish him off. Just before i shot he turned his head. He was about twenty yards in this photo. You want to talk about buck fever. I was shaking so bad i could hardly pull my bow back. Enjoy!!
496MVC-008F-med.JPG

man, those pics are incredible. That hunt will be etched in your memory forever. Thanks for letting us see them.

Ditto on the "INCREDIBLE". Great deer and good story to boot. Congrats.

GREAT DEER AND GREAT PICTURES!! Good job tracking and following through. You have two trophies - the buck and the memories of a great hunt.
PRK
brick[1].gif

bigshock.gif

nice pics, nice story, great buck Jethro, now you can make a new avatar although i'm partial to the moo moo.
waytogo.gif

Great buck. Congrats. Cool story. The only thing that would have been better than those photo's is a video. Awesome.
waytogo.gif

Thanks guys and gal for all the replys. I still get all wound up thinking about it.
Deadyeye i couldn't agree with you more. You don't know how many times we said that about the video camera while we were sitting there watching him.
I would also like to send a thank you to my friends who helped in retrieving this great animal. Without them i don't think it would have happend. Thank you guys!!!
Good luck to all who are still hunting. I wish you the best.

Top Bottom