Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

18 arrested and convicted.

I know nothing about this story besides what I read on here. What exactly were they doing besides over harvesting and killing hawks and badgers and whatnot?

I know nothing about this story besides what I read on here. What exactly were they doing besides over harvesting and killing hawks and badgers and whatnot?

Poaching at an extreme level? Breaking laws, including federal laws? All done at a commercial hunting operation?

Last edited:
The positive is that they fined them big time and removed hunting rights for 45 years. Although not having a licenses obviously doesn't matter to these guys.

Wouldn't it be interesting if poachers had to wear 24 hour gps tracking devices from July to February.

I will try to dig up more on this story. Seems they left a lot of details out. Would like to have seen the indictments.

The positive is that they fined them big time and removed hunting rights for 45 years. Although not having a licenses obviously doesn't matter to these guys.

They will probably have all of their gear confiscated and when they go to replace the firearms, they will likely have to mark the box "convicted of a felony". Having worked with our FWS Special Agents on similar cases, I'm guessing they will be facing Federal felony charges for the hawks and owls. If they can throw in any Lacey Act violations on top of that, these guys will never be able to legitimately purchase a firearm again. If they get caught with a borrowed one, its prison time.

Glad they caught them! I really hope it's enough to shut them down! I feel the punishment is pretty darn good too compared to what we have seen with other poaching cases in the past. It's my pastors bday today who is also a big hunter here in SD and I messaged him to tell him happy bday and asked him if he had seen the news on this poaching case yet and he looked it up and read what happened...you know it's bad when his response back is "I'm glad they got'em...idiots" hahaha. Had to laugh at that. True tho...idiots

If I read right on Google it's stating the ranch is up for sale.

Gps

Wouldn't it be interesting if poachers had to wear 24 hour gps tracking devices from July to February.

That is really good idea!! In serious poaching or trespassing cases...first violation (you get X amount of dollars/fine...etc...) Second...Fine increases, and you get a GPS device or ankle bracelet for X amount of months

That might go along ways to solving the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom