1ST cuddeback photo!!!!!!!!

I

IAbowhunter18

Well i got my Cuddeback for christmas and put it out on 12/25 at 9:30 pm, i had to get it out there i was chomping at the bit. I got the picture at 3:46am just a doe. I had the cam to close to the trail and it took the picture too late. I moved the cam to a huge deer trail and hopefully will get some more good pics. Here is a pic of the doe, not the best but it was my first picture.

4CFA01ECC5A54425A97168BB81A4E506.jpg

Congrats on the photo. Although I am not an expert on trail cams by any means, you may want to consider setting your camera over a mineral site, corn pile, etc, as opposed to a trail. You'll have to sort through more pictures, but you will have more pictures to sort through too.

Thanks Daver i went and bought some corn yesterday and put out a big line of it about 10 feet from the camera. I am going to wait like 4 days till i go and check it.

I got a camera back in oct. and found I had the best luck setting it up paralell w/ the trail rather than a cross shot. Thats the only downfall I have w/ the digital as opposed to the 35mm. Is the time delay.
frown.gif
I just set up a shed collecter last night so I hope to get some good pics from that.

[ QUOTE ]
Thats the only downfall I have w/ the digital as opposed to the 35mm. Is the time delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "time delay" really has nothing to do with a digital vs. a 35mm.

It has to do with the trigger speed of the sensor. This will vary with different manufactured cameras.

The cuddeback is one of the faster digitals on the market right now.
grin.gif

Ok maybe I shouldn't have been so general. Help me out here Ghost. Doesnt it take longer for a digital to turn on than a 35mm? I'm definatly not knocking the cuddy back. I've been told they are excellent cameras. I have a Leaf River Digital Trail Scan camera and I am on my second one in three months. The pictures were very blurry so I sent it back to cabelas and they sent me another. So far so good w/ this one.

The time delay has to do with the amount of time from the sensor being activated and taking a pic to the next time it is activated and pic taken....it should be adjustable on every camera out there.

The trigger speed is the amount of time that elapses after the sensor detects motion and heat until the camera is activated and takes the picture. That is a set amount of time depending on the unit used. Under 2 seconds is doing good and the Cuddeback is seemingly the fastest in the buisness.

Hope that helps

Thanks Shredder, that clears things up for me. Would you agree however that facing the camera up or down the trail produces better results rather than across it?

Back off the trail about 10 feet and target the camera at 45 degrees to the trail.

Shooting straight down the trail will result in the picture being taken too soon and the deer will be far away in the picture.

Shooting at 90 degrees and really close to the trail will give you what you see in the picture above.

That is part of the fun, trying different camera set-ups!

Here is an example of a camera set up at 45 degrees to the trail.
waytogo.gif

837mrp1-med.jpg

Hey Ghost, nothing I like better than to have some good hard evidence. No matter the topic. Way to back this up with a great photo!! Looks like I'll be doing some trail camera adjustments.
beerchug.gif

I was just watching my camera from about 100 yards away and there was about 30 deer standing there eating the corn. I am going to go get the memory stick on Friday and see what i got. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back