Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st gobbler

FinBonZ

Life Member
Took my nephew out Saturday morning for his first hunt. After a clean miss on a turkey at 9:30, we grabbed an early lunch, regrouped, and headed back out at about 11:45. 80 degrees and HOT! Struck up one with the crow call and got set up. We spotted him about 75 yards out in full strut and he put on a show the rest of the way! Full strut, spittin, zig zagging all the way to 22 yds! After a short hang up behind a bush (which actually allowed us to get our nerves in check) he finally came in the clear and the 2nd shot of the day hit the mark! Real nice tom: 22#, 9 3/4" beard, and 7/8" spurs.

Here is the field photo and my son and I jumped in on the 2nd one at home. Great job Nick! I was proud to be there!

103_2832.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

Congrats to your nephew! He'll remember that hunt forever!

Last edited:
Always nice to see a youngster harvest a bird, congrats to him and Thanks to you for taking him out, which makes a congrats to you both

Nice job! Always great to get a young hunter in the woods and whacking a nice tom adds to the thrill of the hunt.

Plus, they're pretty tasty eatin'...

Great job, guys!

MO :)

Top Bottom