Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Season Gobbler

After struggling through first season the worm turned at 5:50 PM the last day.
While driving in to hunt I saw 4 gobblers. Decided to try and head them off. Quickly got where I wanted to be and in setting up was kicking leaves away from where I was going to sit. Gobble right behind a small rise but the wrong way for any of the 4 gobblers I'd seen. By the time I got moved and set up he'd gone south of me 150 yds.
Gave him some yelps and he gobbled still moving away. More yelps another gobble. More yelps and he gobbled and stopped still looking south. Sent some purrs his way and he gobbled. More purrs and a gobble. One more set of purrs and a gobble and a step, my direction. Game On!! Gave him what he wanted more purrs now he's slowly walking my way. After several stops and starts he made it into the clear at 27yds and he was mine.

26lb 8oz, 9 3/4" beard, 1 3/8" and 1 3/8" spurs.

Kinda like this view,

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/524/5922005_AGS_Limbhanger.jpg

AGS

5922005_AGS_Limbhanger.jpg

Great bird AGS!

Sometimes it is hard to remember that the right bird can change your whole season in five minutes, way to keep after 'em.

Like I've been saying all these years---"You're never gonna kill a BIG bird if'n ya' keep shootin' those JAKES. Praciice Q T M.
cool.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom