Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st time electric fence build!!! For FOOD PLOT

I've done dozens of the 3d fences. For most part works pretty well.

Alternate idea: instead of the double fence, go with single fence, BUT using 8' t posts and multiple wire strands. Basically just going from 2 fences to 1, but taller than normal. Main objective taking up less room in areas of precious small plot locations. Also easier to maintain (vegetation).

Thoughts?
I've considered the same thing. One thing that stops me is that's a lot of t posts . That's a lot more work than pushing in the plastic posts. I'm always changing things, pulling all those posts out wouldn't be fun either. Also, I hate to spend a bunch of money on 8' posts when I have hundreds of 6-7 footers laying around. I guess a guy could weld them together and make longer ones.

I've considered the same thing. One thing that stops me is that's a lot of t posts . That's a lot more work than pushing in the plastic posts. I'm always changing things, pulling all those posts out wouldn't be fun either. Also, I hate to spend a bunch of money on 8' posts when I have hundreds of 6-7 footers laying around. I guess a guy could weld them together and make longer ones.
I never use plastic posts anyways. Maintenance headache
Metal t posts and done.

Shoot more does. Lol.

On a side note, "about fences" , I've been watching quite a bit from the WhiteTail Group channel. Overall, I like their content but when I see them building FENCES to funnel deer to a shooting lane, it sickens me!!!.
Agreed..it goes with the common theme that everyone wants it easy. It's already easy enough, how about make it harder

Top Bottom