Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Big Colorado Bulls Down!

buckhunter24

PMA Member
I made my first ever trip out west elk hunting a memorable one. After being into plenty of elk from the begining I finally got one I wanted into bow range and made it count! For a first elk you couldn't ask for much more I guess. He scores a little over 300 inches with a 37 inch spread. The other 2 guys in my group also scored on 5X5's. The one 5X5 was a brute having a 44 inch spread and 49 inch beams scoring in at 295 inches. It was definetly an awesome way to start of the fall in some beautiful country!

We rode in on horseback about 5 miles to a spike camp at about 10,000 feet. Then we would get up at about 3:30 every morning to get ready cause we had to hike up another 2 hrs or 2000 feet in elevation to get into the elk but it was well worth it. The bulls we're starting to gear up for the upcoming rut pretty heavy. I watched for countless hours as they sparred in the open meadows and bugled back and forth to one another. It was sure a rush for a first time elk hunter.

10996X6Elk_1_.JPG
10992coloradoBulls.jpg

Dreams come true!!!
waytogo.gif

Congrats on some truely great bulls!

If I was a bet'n man, you still can't wipe the smile off your face yet!
grin.gif

Thanks Chris. We had our best year ever numbers wise we found a total of 335 sheds in 2 weeks. Nothing any bigger than what could be found in IOWA though!!
smile.gif
I was really hoping to make the shed gathering this year but it just did'nt work out. NEXT YEAR!

That's awesome Paul, congrats on a great Bull and an awesome shed hunting trip!

I'll send you some photos of some of my better ones from this year.

Chris

Top Bottom