Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 great moments

pastorpotluck

Got out this morning before sun up. Arrowed a doe quartering away at 10 yards. Button buck fed right under my stand. I let him pass but not his sister. Is that discrimination based on gender?:grin: Drug her to the truck. Got home and changed and then grabbed my keys but my cell phone wasn't with them which is my regular habit. I look everywhere. I call my cell on the house phone. Not in the house. Not in the truck. Not in my hunting clothes. So I drive back to the timber. I walk back to the trail thinking about where I was when my wife called. I meet Yancy and he's coming out but helps me look. Where I got the call I found my lighter but no phone. So I go back to where I field dressed the doe. Then we heard a beep which means that my cell has an unanswered call. I look around and its nowhere that I can see but I know where it's at. Yep, fell out of my pocket and it was under the gut pile.:way: The look on Yancy's face, priceless.

HAHAHAHAHA, I've done that.... glad to know I'm not alone! glad you found it tho...
:way:

Nope

Cooter,
It was all in the boiler room. The phone just had a little blood on it. Wiped it off and it's fine. I wonder how long the phone would have stank had it been a gut shot?

I wasn't questioning your shot. I've seen and made a few bad cuts when gutting a deer. One I like to refer to as the green volcano .....it was bad

Mobile Cooter

Cooter,
No offense taken. I've nicked the green with both arrow and knife. Worse stink ever was on a fresh doe who had been chowing down on alfalfa. Now that was a stink even though I retrieved her quickly as I saw her go down. I know with a name like Cooter you've got to be good folks.

i've had a few knives and saws end up on the "bottom-side" before, but thankfully not my phone.

Glad you found it...it's a real pain to reprogram all your contacts after you lose your cell.

Done that

I had to get a new phone when I dropped my old one in a lake while fishing from a canoe. 10-4 on the hassle of putting all the contacts back in. It was fun however to call my old number and have the message go to voice mail when I knew it was underwater.:p

Top Bottom