Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 in 2 minutes

Shredder

Life Member
I was trying to get on a particular buck this evening but got a late start heading to the woods. I walked onto the ridge I was planning on hunting and kicked up about 7 does which proceeded to run right into the bedding area I was expecting the buck to come out of. The wind was seemingly coming out of the WNW when I was going in but on the particular ridge I was hunting, the wind was swirling all over the place. I bit the bullet and hung my lone wolf a mere 16 feet high...just inside the canopy and trimmed a few brances. It was not long before I could hear a series of does grunts and bleats heading up the nearby trail. Since I was hunting a buck tonight, I was not planning on shooting a doe so I did not pick up the bow. As they fed around my location, one doe started to get nervous and started presumably hunting for me. It was not long before she had all of the does on the ridge scanning the woods and stomping feet. How was I to let myself go un-noticed???? To make a long story short, The 1.5 year old doe had a montec moment, piled up in sight.....during the commotion and knowing my evening hunt was probably over, I picked out the next closest doe and let the arrow fly true....of course she had a notion to run right off the steepest hill leaving me with a 70 yard drag up a 65 degree slope. I just could not educate these does anymore than they already were and it looks like I have some awesome meat for the freezer.

Way to go, Shredder!
waytogo.gif
You've got some meat for the freezer, and now you can really concentrate on getting the big boy, right!?

Great story shredder, glad you made the most of your hunt. Those does will be tasty I bet.

Congrats on your doe double,Shredder.Good story,it's not often you hear of someone taking two like that,in such a short time,good job.
waytogo.gif
I know what you mean,those does can be a pain when you don't want to give your position away while after a buck.I had a group of 4 bed a short time within 20 yards of me, and was worried they would start snorting and ruin my spot.They eventually left alittle nervous,but not too bad.Those does will ruin your buck stands in a heartbeat.Congrats again.

Good job Shredder. It is time for the bruisers now. I had two baldies in on me in about 15 minutes this AM. The first was before daylight as I was stepping on to my stand from the treesteps and the other was 15 minutes later with a Muzzy-Beman blasting through her.

Brent

Congrats, sounds like your on your way to a great season again.
waytogo.gif

Know what ya mean about the hills
grin.gif
Had a heavy boy drop in a ravine a couple years ago. What a nightmare getting him up the soft bank.
crazy.gif

Now that's what I call some efficient bowhunting!!!!!!!! Way to go Shredder, good luck on a whopper now.

liv that iss what I was thinkin. He must be sliping. Why not drag three or four while your at it.
grin.gif
Why to go Shredder sounds like you lived up to your screen name.

hey whats up shredder.sounds like u had a good hunt.did u keep the check tags and pins or did little lexi get them.

alex hastings

I'd like to double some day.
It's on my two do list.
Nice going

Top Bottom