Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Turkeys 2 Days

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
Wutsup guys....Its been a really good weekend for my buddy Chad and I. It all started yesterday mornin (april 17th) We got out in the woods and heard our first gobble at 5:25 We got set up and just over a hump in the field about 75 yards away turkeys start goin nuts...there had to be 15 of um, let me mention im hunting monroe county...lots and lots of turkeys, in this one lil finger of timber. Well needless to say they ended up goin the other way so i never got a chance at them. So we made our way into the woods and had one sound off a few hundred yards out up on a hill. I didnt pay much attention to it. We had 3 of um goin to our right that we were gunna try and get on to but just as we went to head that way the one that had gobbled on the hill was now in the bottom no more then 100 yards away. Let me add this is supposed to be chads bird...he's never killed one so were tryin to take care of him first. So he continues to gobble his head off all the way in...hung up on the other side of the creek struttin and gobblin for about 5 minutes then croossed it and made his way up. Well at about 40 yards out he musta seen somethin cuz he stuck his head out and putted...chad didnt have a clear shot so i had to take him out and thats all she wrote, dropped him at 7:20. 23 1/2 lbs. 9 1/2" beard, 1" spurs
339Apr18-03-med.jpg

Well like i was tellin you chad has never killed a turkey well that all changed in the blink of an eye...literally this mornin. Well it really windy this mornin like alot of you know but we got out in the woods a lil later then usual...didnt make it out till about 10 to 6. Well were sittin there strugglin to hear anything and finally hear one behind us...so we walk out on this point kickin a hen off the roost in the process and he ended up bein further away then we expected...right at that time one gobbled about 100 yards just over the hill to the left of us so i said lets head that way. Well we get twords the edge i hit him with a tree call and he dounble gobbled...I looked at chad and said we got a dead bird on our hands we need to get set up...we sat down...got set up and i hit him with the call again and he hammered back. Well we didnt hear from him for a couple minutes then boom he's about 40 yards out just over the hill...2 seconds later he pops up struttin and gobblin...he made his way in to about 20 yards and chad dropped him 6:20 in the mornin...first bird ever and i was there to experience it with him...it was incredible. 22lbs 9 1/2" beard 1 1/8" spurs...awesome first bird.

339Apr18-06-med.jpg

i keep coming back to these pics, they're great!! i especially like the hats that have the bill on the back side of them...where'd you find them at??
wink.gif

Congrats! Sweet pics. Mine never sem to turn out. I'm still trying to train/teach my wife how to take the harvest photos.

mole

Great Pics....thefrgt10, I still think you owe your bud some more harvests though....it'll take a while to catch up to last years bow harvest
grin.gif

Hey guy's,just thought i would throw my pic's in with the boy's.Went out this morning and got this 2 year old about 6:30am.They were really queit.I only heard 2 gobble's going on and this bird was one of them,he got real queit when he hit the ground and I probably would have give up on him but I was looking around and spotted him strutt'in on the hillside across the ravine from me.He never did gobble anymore after he got on the ground.He snuck up on me and I almost did not get a shot at him!He was headed the other way when I finally got a shot,I had to hit'em in the back of the head and he went down hard.He's 21#s,9" beard and 1/2" spur's.Not a giant but man was he fun!!!
30004_turkey_3.jpg

30004_turkey_4.jpg

Hey thanx for the replys guys and by the way nice bird old man sorry I couldnt be there with ya but...anyways your right rudd...he gave me a lil reminder of that after he got his...well after he got done whoopin and hollerin anyway...haha. The cool part about it was he killed his bird on the same flat I shot my buck on about 50 yards from where he went down. So your likin them hats with the bills on the back ah muddy...if your really lucky and really want one i just might let you know where you can pick one up and you too can be one of them cool turkey hunters
cool.gif
haha but anyways good luck guys and lets hear some more storys and see some more pics...its gunna be a long wait till 4th season but I cant wait...ima try and take my first one out with my bow so wish me luck.

Top Bottom