Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2007-2008 goals

1. Get my new bow sighted in (I undid, what Boyd had done so it's a good excuse to go visit Buck Hollow again...this time I'm going to get to the lake also)

2. Relocate my stands. I got "bumped" from my best big buck ground during the season last year, so I'm pulling out and setting up shop closer to home.

3. Harvest several does. Hopefully 3 with my bow and maybe 3-6 with my shotgun. The population needs some thinnin in my area. I plan on donating the meat to the HUSH program to hopefully help those in need. Sure seems like a win-win situation to me.

4. Try to convince the neighbors and my shotgun group to not shoot the 2.5year old bucks.

5. Hopefully get some nice bucks on video.

6. Try to film my buddies harvesting a deer. (hopefully a monster buck)

7. I'd like to see the buck that shed the antler my buddy found near my hunting ground...and hopefully I see him when I'm at fulldraw.

1. Harvest 8-10 does on film between me and Muddy, hopefully this will give us enough practice that we can get it right when the bucks comes into play

2. Take one of the bucks I have been watching recently on a truck ride (hopefully catching footage of him from July until Nov.)

Now that my youngest son, 12, is getting the hunting itch I can see me playing guide for both of my boys this year. I look very much forward to it and we should have multiple very nice bucks in the area to play with. We'll just have to see if they can close the deal.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My goal is to shoot a bigger buck than CamoKid.

[/ QUOTE ]

more of a dream, than an actual goal...but its mine as well

acutal goals, put alot of deer in the freezer. and, as always, to hunt more this year, than i ever have in the past

1. Have a safe year in the woods. (no high falls - too many people at home for me to take care of)

2. Shoot a doe with the new bow in Oct.

3. Shoot a mature 3-1/2 year old buck (hopefully 140 or better)

4. More than anything, appreciate the fall time afield (crisp cool morning walks, the first crunchs of leaves in the morning, views of chasing that don't yield shots, and the deer within range that don't know you watching).

grin.gif
grin.gif

1. Shoot my first P&Y buck.
2. Fully enjoy what we have been waiting for since January - even the disappointments and crappy weather.

I've thought this post out for a few days. It may be long.
grin.gif

1. Kill a buck with my new bow...................even better if it is a good one.
smirk.gif

2. Look at each day I am fortunate enough to hunt as a blessing. I recently read an article in Field and Stream by an elderly man who was elk hunting, his appreciation for still being able to do what he loves is what I want to feel even now, no more taking things for granted.

3. NOt get "stressed". I've stressed before over certain deer and wanting a monster deer and at times it wears you down and becomes like work. I want to leave those feelings behind and be only positive ad optimistic. Through growing older and talking to various junkies like I am, I know how lucky I've been the past few yrs and I can't expect that every year, I just want to be happy to be out there.

4. Buy a video camera, not a fancy one, a little handy cam just so I can show my wife and boys some of the great things I see each time out, maybe make here understand me a bit more and hopefully get the bug in them even more at a young age.

5. If all goes well, buy a 2nd buck tag for the forest and maybe get 2 good bucks with my bow.
grin.gif

I want to kill a buck that is as big as the smallest buck that Kaare lets walk this year!
grin.gif
My goals are simple. Hunt more than I got to last fall, at least see a few shooter bucks and get them on film. Take my 8 year old on his first "behind the gun" hunt and witness the harvest his first deer.

nice post, it got me thinking

1. Enjoy my time away from work and outside during my favorite time of the year with some of my favorite people.

2. Get some encounters with our target bucks. Hopefully with both of us giving one a ride to the taxidermist in the back of the truck!

3. Hopefully, if he isn't dead, get a chance at a buck that I passed at 10 yards last year. He was mid 130s and probably 3.5, he should be a hog this year.

4. Kill a pile of does and keep the landowners happy!

5. Limit out on pheasants at least one day over the Brittany and have 40 birds shot over her.

6. Get the wife out pheasant hunting to run the camera and enjoy the dog and sights.

7. Get some good video of all of the above!

I know its a long list, but I'm hoping that all of these things can happen!

Good luck, everyone!

Simple.. This will be my first hunting season as a married man!

1. No Divorce

2. get some nice footage of hunts

3. Win lottery (then buy a huge 4000 acre farm and bring all IW guys out for a hunt!

Okay, so the first 2 are real, and the 3rd, well, I think we would all like that!

I have shot a 130 inch buck for the last 10 years straight. I'd just like to keep doing what i'm doing. If it aint broke don't fix it.

[ QUOTE ]

4. More than anything, appreciate the fall time afield (crisp cool morning walks, the first crunchs of leaves in the morning, views of chasing that don't yield shots, and the deer within range that don't know you watching).

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love it.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom