Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2007 Hoyt line-up

lxshooter

I must say that for the first time I'am dissappointed by the new hoyt line-up. 9 New bows are in the works this year and the Pro-tec, ultra-tec, V-tec and Turbo-tec are now history. The Pro-tec and Ultra-tec were replaced with what is now called the 38 ultra and 38 pro.

These are the only straight limbed bows (beside the elite series) the rest are parallel.

The cam and half has been re-vamped with what is called the C2 cam and half.
The old cam and half system can still be ordered though.

The spiral cam is now gone and has been replaced with the new Vector cam.

New bows are
1. Vectrix and Vectrix XL
2. 38 ultra and 38 pro
3. Vulcan.........replaced the turbo-tec for speed bow.
4. Trykon is still offered but with the new C2 cam and half
5. Avenger
6. Montega (longer axle to axle bow with wheel and half)

Hoyt also came out with a new gamemaster recurve that is called the gamemaster II.

It seems that Hoyt has jumped on the band wagon of long risers and short parallel limbs.

This is not what I was hoping for with the 2007 bows.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that Hoyt has jumped on the band wagon of long risers and short parallel limbs. This is not what I was hoping for with the 2007 bows

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone is doing this now. It's hard to argue with the no-shock technology. They'll come up with something new soon enough, for now this is what's selling...

A couple of errors in your post...

The C2 cam replaces the Spiral cam. It was designed to work well on longer limbed bows (XT 2000, 3000, and 3500).

The Vector cam replaces the Zepher cam. The Vector cam was designed to work well on the short limbed bows (XT 500 and 1000) The Zepher cam (not C2) is still on the Trykon. Trykon XL is gone.

The original adjustable Cam.5 is still available on some models, and remains unchanged.

True the Ultratec and Protec are gone and replaced by 38Ultra and 38Pro. The 38's share the same riser which looks like an older protec, but is 2" longer.

I think Hoyt has the most complete line up of bows of any company. Long risers, short risers, long limbs, short limbs. Something for everybody, 33" to 45" bows for adults. 11 of 16 bows are new, not 9.

Local dealers should have the new catalog by now. We got our catalogs last week.

What exactly were you looking for lxshooter?

i shot them all last week and think it's their best line-up yet.the vectrix is awsome!they'll be in the shops soon so shoot one and decide for yourself.

Does anyone know if the weight issue has been answered? I've heard a lot of complaints with the trykons weight. Otherwise those are some sweet looking bows.

The information that I was told is that the vecotr cam is the new speed cam that replaced the spirals. This is why it is on the new Vulcan "replaced the turbo-tec" Also as far as 11 new bows that is including the recurves which I didn't throw into the mix.

The bow that I was looking for is/was a turbo-tec with spirals but now I will go with a ultra-elite with vectors on it.

Vectors are not offered on an UltraElite, That would have to be a custom shop bow, "if" it would even work correctly.

Vector cams were designed to work on short limbed bows XT500 and XT1000. The Vulcan has short (I think XT500) limbs.

Since the UltraElite is only offered with XT 2000, 3000, and 3500's you'll be wanting the C2 cam or original cam.5.

I'm getting an UltraElite with XT3500's and C2 cams.

Just trying to help with correct info...

I am curious to see if the new cams are gentler in their rollover than in the 2006 Trykon. I for one wish my Trykon rolled over smoother like my Bowtech Tribute. Can't wait to shoot one!!

Hoyts website is now updated and showing all of their new models. I ordered the new Vectrix last friday and can't wait. My Trykon went on ebay today. The Tribute is out hunting now and has two doe tags to fill.

Top Bottom