Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 Boone and Crockett!!

buck1979

Except its not a whitetail..... I know.

Long time since i have had time to post, I have been reading lots of the stories here though.

Since it's not a whitetail I will keep it short. Some of the video guys here knew we were heading to the arctic to bowhunt Muskox with Adventure Northwest big game outfitting, so I thought I would post a couple pics of the sucsess.

Here was Jason and my new home...Yikes. We had decent, to very cold temps. Our first couple days were -54 Celsius! However it warmed up to when I was fortunate enough to tag out it was a balmy -20 Celsius.

P1030604.JPG

But for the good stuff, after 5 days and a few hundred miles on sled around the tundra and sea ice we caught up with this fellow. 6-8 yard shot and he was down.

IMG_0390.JPG

And here is a pic with our inuit guides.

IMG_03871.JPG

Was a very cool hunt I would recommend to anyone. The best thing is, it doesn't interfere with Whitetails!

That is a gorgeous animal!

I'm curious, do you eat those suckers?

They looked ugly in pics before we went, but your right, gorgeous animal up close. They told me the bull was about 18 years old. Years of scars and chips in the horns.

Some people told us they were not good to eat, but the inuit said they were good. We tried it the night I shot him and it was fantastic! But we also thought that it might just taste good because we had been living on spam and crackers in an igloo.I packed 80 lbs of it home, the rest went to the community, and I tell you regardless of what anyone says, it is awesome, best wild meat I have had. Tastes like beef soaked in brown sugar.

WOAH, it looks cold. Congrats on the success! Couple hundred miles on a sled?? Frostbite?!?

Not us, the guides fase is so frostbit his cheeks are permantly black.

It wasnt all that bad. We had a couple days of harsh cold, but after that it was like hunting whitetails here on a cold Nov day. -25 celcius ish. The thing that really wears on you, is there is never a break. The gear was fantastic and kept us warm, but always, 24hrs a day, its cold. No going in to warm up. Thats what took its toll on me.

Top Bottom