Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2010 National Champions

fatboy

The Iowa Hawkeye wrestling team already wrapped up enough points to become the 2010 champs. Five wrestlers move on tomorrow night to the championship round. Way to go hawks, thee years in a row!:drink2:

Jay Borschel's match last night was something to behold. It embodied the reason that I love watching Hawkeye wrestling!

8 out of the 20 wrestlers in the finals wrestle for a school in Iowa. That says a little something about the wrestling heritage in this state. Congrats to the hawks. now the clones need go 3 for 3 in the finals and hopefully secure a 2nd place finish.

Total domination. I will be in Omaha tonight to watch the finals. There are going to be some great matches. Go Hawks!

What stood out the most to me was two true freshmen taking titles. (Matt McDonough IA and Dake from Cornell @ 141)

The best wrestling I've seen all season has been watching ISU's Long vs McDonough...they put on an amazing show every time this season. I have a feeling Long will beat McDonough at some point over the next three years. Just hope they can both stay healthy and keep wrestling as intensely as they do. Good stuff.

Dake was amazing, Marion had two very tight single leg shots only to have "Kid Wonder" slip out and flip the flop on him.

What stood out the most to me was two true freshmen taking titles. (Matt McDonough IA and Dake from Cornell @ 141)

The best wrestling I've seen all season has been watching ISU's Long vs McDonough...they put on an amazing show every time this season. I have a feeling Long will beat McDonough at some point over the next three years. Just hope they can both stay healthy and keep wrestling as intensely as they do. Good stuff.

Technically, I think both are redshirt freshmen, I know for sure that McDonough is.

Nevertheless, a solid accomplishment for both of them, Long had to beat Escobedo to get to the finals, a former champion, so he had a tough path.

Congrats to all of the Iowa wrestlers, several of which are avid hunters BTW.

being a wisconsonite i love the Iowa wrestling team. i must admit though the dennis, ness match was awesome...both are great wrestlers and i think great guys

Dake is a true freshman.

One of the best overall tourney that I can remember in a while. Morningstar gutting it out was one of the highlights for me. Kid had a torn acl and became an all-american

Top Bottom