Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2011 Season

I wanted to wait and post my 2011 season as a whole instead of doing it one kill at a time as I had a ton of time to hunt being my last semester at ISU I only had class twice a week and lived at home so I hoped to have a couple kills, but after eating my late season tag and tenant bow tag, here is my bow kill
Sunday October 30- Around 1:30 p.m. I am at home debating on whether or not to go out, because truth be told it was halloween weekend and I was slightly hungover. However I sucked it up and headed out, and for some reason I thought daylight savings time had been this weekend so I got out an hour earlier than usual. Right away I was seeing does and a small buck or two, Around 4:30 I hit the horns together while looking over my left shoulder. As soon as I turn forward he was staring right at me at 40 yards. I thought I was busted but he proceeded to walk towards me. At twenty yards I let an arrow fly, however I elected not to stop him and hit back. He circled my tree and ran about 100 yards and stood there. In the midst of my chaos I had not brought my binos so I didnt have a great view, but could still see him standing there, he eventually bedded down. So I called a few friends and waited. He eventually got back up and walked out of sight. So I got down went to where he had bedded and marked it and left. We waited four hours before going back to look, but found very little blood so backed out. The next morning my father and his hired hand and I went out. 60 yards from his original bed he was laying dead in a ravine. He's not huge but I am happy with him. I rough taped him at between 142-144 inches. Not exactly professional photography like some of yours look but here ya go.
picture.php

Also, as mentioned I graduated and am still looking for a job; ag or environmental related if anyone wants to hook me up.

Good looking buck and congrats on making it through school :way: Good luck with the job hunt!

Top Bottom