Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2012 Archery Buck back from taxi

nosna

I just got word from the taxidermist that my 2012 archery buck just got done. I haven't actually taken possession as the work was done in NE iowa and I am in central Iowa. My father snapped a few photos...I think he turned out pretty good. The taxidermist was really pleased with how he turned out. You can see all the fight marks on the side of his face. I cannot wait to get him home and see what he finally scores. Any thoughts?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Cool buck for sure, nice. Whenever I get a call saying my deer is done I run out to get it as fast as I can! So I hear ya..
Im guessing 162"Nice long tines add up quick
Congrats

Looks good! I'd say in the 140's. But let us know for sure when you get him back.

When I green scored him (before the broken tine was repaired) I gross scored him at 157. Wondering how much they shrink after the drying period.

He should score pretty well because he has nice brows and nice 4s.

Before looking at your last post I was going to guess around 155"...

I think it's cool that he didn't try to repair the fighting scars! When my taxi did mine 20 years ago he told me my deer had a swollen eye and a scar under it more then likely from fighting. Looking back on the picture I took of him after I got home I could clearly see that. But anyway the taxi put a little bit extra bondo under that eye so my mount looks like his eye is still swollen and you can still the scar...

Top Bottom