Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2012 Turkey Mount

kjohn15

Here is my 4th season bird. 1 5/8 inch spurs, 11 1/4 inch beard, and 24 pounds. Picture is off my phone so it may not be that clear. Notexactly what I wanted for a mount but it will work nonetheless.
picture.php
picture.php

I'm confused, how did you not get what you wanted for a mount? Are you talking pose? He sure looks like he is the loudest gobbler in the state, that tom is screaming!

I was expecting more of a half strut gobbling pose. The taxidermist hadn't done one like this so I allowed him to blaze a trail with my bird. It will look good when I put him on the wall so that's all that matters I guess

Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't stop laughing when I look at this. It's a beautiful mount, but he looks like he's screeming.

The mount itself looks great. The birds facial expression makes it look like he's getting 'goosed' up the rear with something :D

He was screaming before I hit him between the eyes with some 5 shot out of a 3 inch 20 guage shell so I figured I would mount him like this to remind me of the still frame in my head.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't stop laughing when I look at this. It's a beautiful mount, but he looks like he's screeming.

Exactly what I thought, great looking mount but the facial expression just doesn't quiet seem right

Who did the mount? I truly believe if your trophy is worth the mount take it to one of the best. My waterfowl mounts were done by Cory Caruthers, he is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. IF I can every get a buck that will make book I will do the same.

The memory of the hunt is something that will always be perfect.

Who did the mount? I truly believe if your trophy is worth the mount take it to one of the best. My waterfowl mounts were done by Cory Caruthers, he is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. IF I can every get a buck that will make book I will do the same.

The memory of the hunt is something that will always be perfect.

Caruthers and Callie morris are arguably the best in the world for turkeys.

Very cool looking mount. I mounted one in the same pose a few years back....but not as good as quality as yours. Enjoy it for years to come man!

sorry to hear your not happy, as a taxidermist i would maybe suggest next time you pick out the head that you want. When mounting a turkey you use artificial heads or freeze dried heads. The taxidermist will have many catalogs and you can look through and pick which head/facial expression.

Top Bottom