Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 Iowa Deer Classic Photos

I was there on Friday and didnt see nearly as many bucks! Looks like I missed out! Anyone know the score leaders of youth bow??

Thanks for the pics!! Even got a pic of my deer in there!! This could be a rumor, but I heard one of the scorers say they measured over 60 two hundred inchers!!!! That is hard to believe, maybe they meant over 60 B&C?! More believable?

Was there today. The drought didn't seem to have a negative effect on antler growth in Iowa. Not sure of the number , but there seemed to be more B&C caliber deer than the last 2 years.

smokepole244 said:
Was there today. The drought didn't seem to have a negative effect on antler growth in Iowa. Not sure of the number , but there seemed to be more B&C caliber deer than the last 2 years.

It wouldn't as compared to a hard winter. Even in a drought the deer can find plenty of food and water in the Midwest. As long as ehd didn't get them, they were set to boom.

Thanks for the pics, wasn't able to attend either. Really gets a guy going though.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Looks like I missed a good classic, thanks for sharing the photos with us Chris. :way:

Did the guy who killed the 278 leave that thing hanging in a tree while doing the euro mount? That thing looks terrible, as bleached as the antlers are.

Awesome pictures, Can anybody tell me why the Lovstuen buck is not listed under Iowa's record bucks on the Iowadnr website anymore? Just curious

Unfortunately the IDNR records are terribly inaccurate, AND they have NO interest in correcting their errors. Budgets, uninterested staff and a host of dumb reasons.

A lot of private effort has been expended to NO avail to HELP correct their records.

Thanks for posting Chris! Much appreciated! I was unable to make it this year, due to kids and soccer obligations. First one I've ever missed.

I think it was probably closer to over 60 B&C's The sheds I took down got 5th for a matched pair. My grandpa had found them back in 2001. You did get a pic of my buddies 2012 shotgun buck, 195". Had a good time, first time ever going. Pretty sure we drank enough beer Saturday night, I'm still feeling the after affects today.. :D

Great pics Chris, thanks for taking the time to post for those of us who couldn't attend this year! :way:

Good post! I spotted my buck in your pics too. Just missed top 5. Got bumped when the 278 showed up.

Top Bottom