Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015 AZ Hunting Journal

Keep at it. If tomorrow's plan doesn't work the tank will be killer and you will draw blood. We will all be not so patiently awaiting some harvest pics. And obviously you have raised your children the right way and taught them some great life lessons.

You wouldn't have it any other way would you? Those mountains will make you young again right? Way to hunt hard. You'll slow down now and will bingo I predict. Use your scouting.

Great post. Way to stick with it and take care of your families needs as well. Your hard work and dedication will pay off. Good luck!

Thanks for the update! Keep at it and good things will happen! Can't wait to see more pictures from your hunt too!

Prayers Needed

Guys and Gals-

I REALLY need your prayers right now. I was hesitant to say anything but I shot a bull this morning (good 6x6) at 0610. Right as I shot, he stepped forward and I hit him behind the gut, but in front of rear quarter. Immediately after shooting, my buddy saw an 8-10" blood patch on his hide. He did not follow his cows and, after 30-45 minutes, sauntered off very slowly. My arrow fell back out, but got 16 inches of penetration. We think it hit his off-side leg and, therefore, arteries. We marked the last spot we saw him and found a 2-inch spot of good red blood. My buddy, a doctor, is sure that its arterial or veinous. We backed out at 0730 and are getting ready to head back in. By the time we get in there, it will be over 7 hours. A couple of good friends have said that if he was bleeding that well that quickly, I probably got arteries. Fingers crossed, this has been the longest 7 hours of my life. I've been reading Matthew 11:28-30.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Sounds like a "get well quick" card but you know what we mean... Guess I should say "happy gut pile"!

When we went to look for him, a guy with an upcoming rifle tag stopped to ask what we were up to. We told him and he told us about a 350-360 6x6 that he saw across the highway in another unit about a quarter mile up at around 7am walking real slow like it was hurt. He couldn't see the side I hit him on, but emphasied he looked and acted hurt. A hunter was getting ready to go after him. We found no blood after the original drop and the spot and crossing area was 200 yds up from where we last saw him and in the direction he was walking. Guess he's ok. They sure are tough animals. I stayed out at the tank and will be back in there tomorrow morning! Thanks for the prayers and support!

Man that stinks. I was hoping you got him. Hopefully the other hunter caught up with him and put him out of his misery.

I also have a tag and am hunting a unit near flag staff, last pm we glasses up a big framed 6x6 with an arrow in or near the shoulder. I made a sneak but No luck. I am sure this is unrelated but this one was still bugling. Very tough animals for sure. This was on Babbitt ranches. Good luck the last 4 days should be the best.

Top Bottom