Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015 late season

Trapshooter1

First sit of the late archery season. Was down right windy, but the HBS did it's job. Seen 20 deer tonight. And one good buck.

All feeding on a cover crop.

Despite a little razzing by the family. I'm in the tree stand tonight. Seen 4 bucks so far. In a bachelor group. 120-140 inches.

Drove from Sgt. Bluff to Ankeny this evening. Deer were pouring into corn fields. Would have been a good night to sit.

A buddy and me got into the stand tonight about 3:20. (We re in different stands on the same farm) bout 4:20 got a text message he made a shot on a doe. His first deer.He was very excited. After a 5 minute track. There's she was. Was a very exciting hunt.

Sat over our beans in west-central MN. Sitting on a high point over one plot and can see the other plot about 200 yards away. Saw approximately 80 different deer, 5 bucks. Nothing bigger than 2.5 yr old. Bucks have taken it hard to the shotguns the past couple years in the area...if it has bone its down, so it's tough. Have one pretty nice 4.5 yr old coming in on camera but he only shows up 10PM-2AM. Hanging it up for year...season closes Dec 31. Another great season in the books.

I got until Jan 10 so we ll see how it pans out. I'm considering hunting tommorows snow storm because of lack of days left.

Sat over our beans in west-central MN. Sitting on a high point over one plot and can see the other plot about 200 yards away. Saw approximately 80 different deer, 5 bucks. Nothing bigger than 2.5 yr old. Bucks have taken it hard to the shotguns the past couple years in the area...if it has bone its down, so it's tough. Have one pretty nice 4.5 yr old coming in on camera but he only shows up 10PM-2AM. Hanging it up for year...season closes Dec 31. Another great season in the books.

That is a lot of deer!! My sons were still out this past week, lots of deer moving, but nothing mature. Too bad we don't have a later gun season in MN, our hunting would be so much better for nice bucks.

Was a very slow evening hunt. Only seen 1. It didn't help that the neighbors kids came out(at about prime time) 500 yards away and just started screaming and yelling, and started revving and ramrodding around on ATV s...... not happy.

On a side note drove by my spot that I'm going to hunt tommorow morning. Seen 14 out feeding so I have high hopes for tommorow morning.

Went out two nights ago behind my house. Saw a herd of 7 does/fawns, then had a big mature 8 point with junk pushing a doe. Had him at 115 yards. Pulled the trigger and click....... Second safety wasn't all the way unscrewed and by the time I cocked it again and unscrewed the safety the rest of the way he was through some trees and I couldn't get a shot. Lesson learned there

So where has everyone been seeing the most deer at? Grain, greens, etc.. I've been out almost everyday since the 26th. Have had a fair amount of deer in the grains, but they aren't really feeding much. I'm assuming they are still digging in the greens.

Standing corn for me- clockwork every night when I sit and on camera- they start showing up around 4:00 til after dark

As of Sunday on my farm they were still in turnips hard...now granted this is really the only source other than shelled corn on my block

In the tree stand tonight. HBS is doing work. Sitting over a cover crop that leads to a corn field. Should be an interesting night.

Seen 5 so far. Just passed on a fawn at about 10 ft. She kinda caught me off guard. Doe's are kinda edgy. I think the main frame 8 may be around.

(I have a little history with the main frame 8) seen this buck a lot. Closest I've gotten to him is 40 yards. He had me pinned down so I couldn't shoot.

Top Bottom