Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 hunting- vacation related

I've tagged out every year but one between Oct 25th-Nov 1. I have seen a buck breeding a doe or tending on Nov 1st the last 3 years on my farm.....

Someone told me there was more Boone and Crocket bucks killed on November 7 th than any other day . Not sure if that's true but I've hunted it last three years and seen plenty of action and killed my last buck that day .

If this fall is like the majority of the past 10 or so,,takes forever to cool down. Last season was mid-Nov, before any what you could call cold nights, happened. I know,,I know,,deer breed regardless of the temp, but I saw very little deer travel even in the evenings driving the roads last Early- Nov. Full moon lit-nights, and warm days I suspected. I finally saw my 5 yr old on Nov-15th.

Seems like I have had the most success the 7 through the 11th in my hunting career. So either way it seem like you will be hitting that right. I don't think you will go wrong with either.

I've shot bucks with the bow on 11/6, 11/7, and 11/10. Typically see good bucks anywhere from mid-Oct thru end of early bow, but not every day I'm out. Last year or the year before I had a pic of what I believe to have been an 8-9 yr old buck walking by one of my stands at around 1:30pm on 10/2!!! (if only...!!!) Usually see something decent during the early muzzy season timeframe if I get to hunt early morning or evening.

Nov. 7 has been awesome for me whether I shot a buck that day or not. I have shot a couple on that day and always seem to have seen action. This is across several properties too. Nov. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 always seem great to me

Top Bottom