Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2022 food plot and habitat prices!!

Wi transplant

PMA Member
Just did some checking and ordering today on supplies for spring and couldnt believe it!!! I work at a major co op here in southern iowa and new that fertilizer prices are sky high but i orderd some switchgrass today and as an example on the company's website cave in rock was $10 a pound and kanlow was $15 /lb . But when i called it was $15 and $20 a pound !!! So i checked glysophate (round up ) prices!! Omg!!! Heres one example! I used to but this at tractor suply last yr for $45 for a 2.5 gallon jug! Take a look at todays price in pic!!! Inflation hits everything!!!!
cc7d8b3dd5276c05889ce0788a23bedf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If you think roundup is expensive, try to find/price liberty. It's a total joke. Nitrogen of any kind is crazy too. Fall of 2020 our anhydrous was 425 per ton. We got it this fall early for 735 per ton. Heard some guys gave between 1500 to 1600 per ton for it. Crazy

If you think roundup is expensive, try to find/price liberty. It's a total joke. Nitrogen of any kind is crazy too. Fall of 2020 our anhydrous was 425 per ton. We got it this fall early for 735 per ton. Heard some guys gave between 1500 to 1600 per ton for it. Crazy
Yes right now buy us its 1550/ton !!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I called around for medium red clover yesterday. Most places it was 4 bucks a lb or more. Finally found some for 2.70a lb and in stock, i didn't hesitate..
Read an article i felt was spot on, it said if you're a wage earner, you're going to fall behind because of inflation.

I was already heading in the direction of implementing the Buffalo System as promoted by Dr. Grant Woods...but with the ridiculous high prices of fertilizer, etc...I am accelerating my plans to get over to this...several benefits, but less reliance on fertilizer is a key at these prices.

Ya this definitely is out of hand. But as mentioned before this is not really from inflation. I had several farmers who had never grown a crop as good as it was in 2021. EVER! A lot of guys made a pile of money last year....as soon as a farmer makes money inputs go up...just how it works.

I was already heading in the direction of implementing the Buffalo System as promoted by Dr. Grant Woods...but with the ridiculous high prices of fertilizer, etc...I am accelerating my plans to get over to this...several benefits, but less reliance on fertilizer is a key at these prices.
So did you buy or make a crimper? I have been intrigued by the way he does things and what he has been able to turn his soil in MO in to

$120 for 2.5 gallons of Gly might be a steal by next year. The Fed is talking 1/2 point interest rate hike now...what in the hell are they waiting for?

So did you buy or make a crimper? I have been intrigued by the way he does things and what he has been able to turn his soil in MO in to
While I do have a pretty stout cultipacker that may get the job done as a crimper too, I do not currently have a crimper. I am though signed up to attend Dr. Grant Woods field day(s) in March. I intend to determine while there whether I can get by with my cultipacker or if I need a legit crimper. I believe I have all of the other mechanical components/implements necessary.

While there are several keys to the Buffalo System that intrigue me, the notion of keeping the soil "covered" at all times and therefore keeping moisture in and temps down is something that I can really get my head around. My farm has experienced significant drought more years than not over the past 10 years or so...in my mind I HAVE to do something different to adjust to that. Conventional tillage is expensive, and getting more so, but I have dealt with drought enough to wreck plantings, etc, too many times.

Just read production of glyphosate may be curtailed due to supply issues. I checked my stash over the weekend, and i have what i need, but Might have to put it under lock and key...

One thing I'm def doing right now is planting more clover than I otherwise would have. I can manage with mowing for most part.

That'll mean less fall green plots which tend to be heavy on fert and chemical (burn down).

I am wondering about spring planted rye with beans for weed control as well.

Alot of conversations are happening with my customers as well. Most of them have no idea what has happened with input prices.

Top Bottom