Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2025 Iowa Deer Season Regulations Survey

I see every buck on my farm in late muzz over the corn and bean plots. VERY easy to kill them if I used a muzzleloader. Some may 200-300 yards away but I see all the bucks I have on camera late season.
Agreed. Even with temps in the 20s, a well designed plot is crazy effective and predictable. More so than a good rut funnel IMO

The poll is poorly designed. Two controversial topics (one buck and banning party hunting) were placed next to a bunch of topics hardly anybody cares about or even knows about. Now ISC can sit here and say see all our members want this and this is what is important to our members. It was obvious before the results were out what the top two choices were going to be and it seems like that was by design. It’s a self serving poll. There are lots of people that are not going to join ISC if they are going to push for some of this stuff. I honestly wish I hadn’t signed up if this is where it is going. It’s obvious all the “members” are going to want xyz. Anybody that disagrees with some of these positions knowing that ISC supports them sure is not going to sign up and participate in a poll.
I think they picked some of the most discussed issues. I've said it could've been structured differently to make it more effective, but what other topics would you have wanted to see? What don't you want "pushed"? Also this didn't go out to just ISC members, anyone who wanted to answer the poll could do so, it was all over various social media accounts.

I’d

Some interesting and sensible thoughts are being presented.
Not mentioned, but I think reducing use of cross bows and rifles is a worthy additions to the list.
Also, addressing EHD is huge!
I agree. Need to stay on the offensive when it comes to crossbows.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I think they picked some of the most discussed issues. I've said it could've been structured differently to make it more effective, but what other topics would you have wanted to see? What don't you want "pushed"? Also this didn't go out to just ISC members, anyone who wanted to answer the poll could do so, it was all over various social media accounts.
Do you honestly think gun hunters are just going to bend over and take ending party hunting and making iowa a one buck state? Do you really think they are going to like seeing the deck stacked against them even more than it is already? I can tell you exactly how this will go. If we screw with the traditional Iowa gun seasons we will have a fight on our hands like we have never had before. If the social aspect and overall quality/fun of the gun seasons goes away we will create a whole new group of guys looking towards bowhunting. But you know what? They don’t want to learn to shoot a bow but they have plenty of money and influence and will get crossbows passed for bow season. The other half that don’t want to do that will be jealous that we get the first few months of the season to ourselves and push for gun season during the rut.. that too will likely pass. We will screw it all up if given the chance. This is going to be an ugly fight! Look at every other one buck state. Crossbows everywhere. Most have gun season during the rut. Not even shotgun/straightwall, straight up any centerfire. Totally unrealistic to think we are going to create this bowhunting utopia that is better than we already have it. We have it great!!! Nobody has it like us. Lets keep it that way. I’d take the small bitches we have right now vs the absolute frickin disaster we could all bring on any day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom