Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

22 ft fall from tree and survived

Wow...extremely lucky guy. That is one of those things where if he would have fallen an inch more to the left or to the right, it could have been all over. Crazy

That brought back way too many memories. Just wondering, where does one measure the height of fall from? I was standing at 20 feet when I had my bad fall in 97. That would put my head over 26 feet. Regardless, he is correct, it changes ones life forever. I thank God everyday that I'm still here but still live in fear daily that I could still lose a leg from the ordeal. I'm very glad the guy survived and got the video out there.
In this sport that we all enjoy, we have to do some dangerous things. It's part of the game. Be careful out there folks.:way:

Definitly my biggest fear while hunting right there. He's got to be so lucky to be up and walking towards the ambulance after falling. My closest call was late last summer while hanging a stand the section of step that I was on the clip that goes into the step after wrapping around tree was not in all the way and I did not notice it and when I went up to that step it broke free and luckily I jus stayed standing and my feet landed on the next step below. I only feel about 2 feet to the next stop but was completely caught off guard. I always thought if I were to fall I could quick grab a branch or step or bear hug the tree. You don't realize how fast it happens and you have no time to react.

Scary situation, but it looks like the two handled it well; kept their cool, gave great directions, stayed calm on the phone, etc. Hope he has a quick recovery.

Top Bottom