Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

220+ inch wounded buck (anyone ever seen him)

The buck you see to the left here, in my avator or whatever... My bro shot him in the neck (arrow deflect off a twig), bled like crazy. He was around the following season and his rack was perfect, the injury didn't do any harm in any way. Only worry would be infection BUT that's not something I'd worry to bad about. I also shot a buck HIGH and went through back meat- he was around the next year and rack was perfect and actually bigger. He's still out there and I doubt it'll be any trouble to his rack.

No way he is dead from that shot, angle was all wrong to get into something that would do damage. I punched one thru the neck, complete pass thru in the middle of the neck and he survived two more years. Same thing, bled like crazy then nothing. I hope that's not where he was aiming.

I know many neck shots from a lot of people, bleed like crazy, see the deer a little while later with nothing wrong with them. Neck shots are pretty much they are either going to die from hitting the jugular or spine which will pretty much be immediate. I shot a doe in the jugular once and she died within 15 yards. I would bet that buck is alive unless infection got him or a poacher.

Probably/hopefully still alive. My friend shot a big one 2 years ago in the neck and ended up shooting the same one this year in shotgun season and he just had a big infected sore on his neck with a ton of green pus in it. Hopefully you guys see him again!

Top Bottom