Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

220 typical from Indiana

Iowa1

According to rumor this buck nets 220 typical and was taken illegally in NE Indiana. Anyone know anything about it? Supposedly the person who shot it was already tagged out but put his son's tag on it and it is in the hands of the Indiana DNR.

20220.jpg

Sometimes the internet makes me laugh!
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

I've seen about 5 diffferent stories from e-mail and other sites on this buck. Each one is different.
blush.gif

Ghost let's hear them. THat's why they call them rumors. One of them might turn out to be true. I also heard that it was pen-raised by the Amish and sold to a hunter who tried to pass it off as a legal kill.

From an e-mail.....

[ QUOTE ]
Kent, a friend of mine sent me this today. The buck was taken in Morgan County Indiana, only about 30-40 miles south of Indy. I left the heading that was forwarded with the message, I think state record probably, but I seriously doubt that it's a world record. Haven't seen the rack in person, but I've heard that the rack is approaching 30" wide. Anyway, thought you would like the picture, maybe the one buck rule is helping here!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ghost on this one, the internet makes me laugh.
grin.gif

I think you can find that one over on realtree and maybe some Indiana site. According to both of those it was a legally harvested deer, no foul play but the net score is in the 190's, not 220". Something about it being an Indiana record but nothing more than that. I also saw on another site, NASHC I think, a buck that I saw on this site, can't think of the name of the fellow, owned an archery store somewhere, since retired, everyone who knoew him was happy for him. Anyways, according to that rumour it was a 220 net typical too.
grin.gif
The world Record just keeps getting smashed every year, on the internet.
grin.gif

I found it, this is the one from here that is also a 220 net typical according to rumour. This is a great buck but not 220 typical I don't think. I have to think that a real new world record wouldn't be flying around the net. I hate to say it but if I'm ever that lucky my pic won't be flying around cyberspace with all kinds of b.s attached to it.
smirk.gif

26KauffmanBuck2005-med.jpg

I heard that the gentleman in the picture used a home made spear tipped with a homemade broadhead in the mid 50's. Nov 12th, sometime in the middle afternoon, sitting in a funnel between a patch of hardwoods and a swamp. The buck was laying out in the middle of some tall grass. He made a 175 yard stalk up to this buck belly crawling the entire way. The hunter checked the wind direction and let the spear fly. Needless to say...it was a great shot on a great buck.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ohhh...the internet.

The date on the picture makes one suspicious. This deer was taken from a culture that uses a different calender from ours.

The guy in the picture above used to be the Archery manager at Fin and Feather in Iowa City. That buck was harvested in Washington Co., IA during bow season and had a gross score of 190". The article about the hunt was in the Iowa City Press Citizen.

[ QUOTE ]
The guy in the picture above used to be the Archery manager at Fin and Feather in Iowa City. That buck was harvested in Washington Co., IA during bow season and had a gross score of 190". The article about the hunt was in the Iowa City Press Citizen.

Post Extras:

[/ QUOTE ]
I know hawkeye, I got that pic and info from on here, i was just using it to prove a point about the net, another site has it as a 220" net typical.

I've heard em all too, thats why i usually don't reply to these posts... the guy in the photo from illinois looks like Mark Martin!!

I can promise you that niether of these deer are even close to 220 typical.., not even for a gross score. The Indiana buck may go 220 nontypical gross, but no way in the world is it 220 typical. Also, that deer is a far cry from being 30 onches wide.

Heres one for ya; Brittany Spears shot a deer in Texas that is a new world record for a woman who has had more then 6 husbands AND has a pierced naval AND was wearing a thong at the time of the kill. And thats a fact.., or is it rumor?

Anything for a world record!
smirk.gif

Not that it matters but Larry's buck was rough scored between 220 and 215 NT not typical. I don't recall seeing 220 typical.

Interesting to see the responses. DC240, I think yours intrigues me the most. I agree the buck isn't 30 inches wide, I have never ehard a spread quoted in all the rumors I have heard. However for you to say that there is no way the buck could be 220 typical is a little foolish unless you have some inside information about the score of this buck. Just how many bucks have you seen this size? Since you are so smart about scoring a big buck, just how many 220 inch typical (gross or net) bucks have you seen? How much experience do you (or anyone else for that matter) have regarding bucks of this size? Pretty arrogant post. Take note of my signature at the bottom of this post.

The Indiana buck was killed in Morgan county a few miles from my house. The gross score is said to be 222"-226". People have said the deer will probably score at 202"-205" typical after the drying period.The gentleman in the picture is the guy that killed its dad. The place where he checked it in was giving people copy machine copies that is the reason for the black and white photo. I saw all the photos they had taken of it. What a deer!!!

Well Iowa1, I'll tell you exactly where it comes from. It comes from experience. I measure a few hundred head evey year and see another FEW THOUSAND measured each year as well. Working 10-15 deer shows a year will get you that expeirience. Been doing this for over 15 years. In all this time I have NEVER seen a deer that grossed over 220. This icludes ND, SD, MO, IA, KS, Wis, Ill, and Minn. You ever seen the Breenbuck? How about the Bills buck? I'm pretty sure they both gross less then 220ty In fact, there are only a couple whitetails that do gross 220 or better. Collora, Damery and an Alberta buck are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head. This deer is not even close to them in size. When you get the measuring expirience that I have then you can question me. Questioning my arrogance isn't even one of your options.., do you know me? Easy to hid behind a computer to knock a person and act like a big brave man.

Iowa1, you seem a bit angry today. And definitely a bit cynical. Even if the others didn't know their stuff, it seems like no one was attacking anyone or anything. Opinions are just that - facts that aren't yet proven. You might want to find a bit smoother way to disagree with others on this site.

Top Bottom