Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Annual iowawhitetail Rendezvous

OneCam

[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite parts of American history was the time when there were "mountain men." The stories about these characters were always bigger than life, but often times true.

Iowa was nothing but rolling prairie with some timbered forest. There were quite a few Indian tribes back then especially when you got to the Missouri River and went North.

For most of these men to make it through the harsh winter and get to spring was quite a feat and would often times celebrate with a "rendezvous" where mountain men would come from all over to share stories and show acts strength, skill and courage.

[/ QUOTE ] TLH 2002

How could I say it any better . . .

We hope each and every one of you can attend this years iowawhitetail Rendezvous!

When: June 14 starts at 8am
Where: Chase the Adventure see map
Events: 3-D Tournament, Shed Display/Contest, Trophy Whitetail Display/Contest, Free Hog Roast and social.

click here for more information.

Thanks,
OneCam

Any one wanting a room at Chase The Adventure, let me know. I will post more info on rooms and lodging later today....
waytogo.gif

Here's some information about the rooms available at Chase The Adventure. They have 5 rooms that will hold 3 people each. Each room cost is $50.00 per night total, (not per person). So 3 could split the cost. They also have 2 lofts people can camp out in for no charge as long as the rooms are all rented. You would have to bring a sleeping bag or blankets, or could even bring a cot for the lofts.
sleeping.gif
The rooms are on a first come first serve basis, so if you want one let me know. There's already a few spots gone.
bawling.gif
There is room for campers too. If you plan on camping please let me know so we can reserve room. We can set up a big campfire and drink a few "pepsi's"
beerchug.gif
friday and saturday nights also. Bring your shotguns and we can get a turkey shoot going. They have 5 stand sporting clays, skeet, and a sporting clay range. If you plan on bringing the kids, Dale (owner of Chase The Adventure) is very good at working with kids on shooting clay birds. If anyone is interested in doing anything else like fishing, canoeing, hiking, or just going on a tour, let me know and i will do what I ever I can to help out. OneCam has a link to Chase The Adventure so check it out. They have a virtual tour of the lodge that's kinda cool
peace.gif
peace.gif

You left out the most important part of the Redezvous, when does the group tour bus leave for the Vesterheim? It is the Mecca for all Norwiegians in the midwest. It has been a few years since my last pilgrimage. My serum levels of lefse are dangerously low.

The 'Bonker

"It has been a few years since my last pilgrimage. My serum levels of lefse are dangerously low."

If lefse makes you dangerously gassy then you're not going to make another pilgrimage.
wink.gif
busted.gif

You boy's havn't forgotten about the ever popular delicacy LUDAFISK have you.
bigshock.gif
bigshock.gif
Myself, I never imagined anyone could make a piece of fish taste like a bar of lye soap
busted.gif
busted.gif
busted.gif

Uff Da iz vhen da dog lifs iz leg an pez on da pile of Lutefisk. Lest it gifs it sum flavor.

Ya! Remember ven a gud time vas vhen veed go down to da farm store jez ta smell da neew tires? Dis iz most certainly true.

Da Lutefisk 'Bonker

There gunna be anything "turkey related" at the Rendezvous?? Long beard and/or spur contest??

Nothing official - if you want to bring some for show you can. I'm going to bring a B&C Mt Loin skull for show & tell.

We will be having a Shed Antler & Trophy Buck contests that day. Larry Zach donated some prints for the winners.

Hey guys, I ran into a conflict, and I and my son, Taylor (CamoKid) will not be there for the rendezvous weekend.
frown.gif
I freed up my room with Moosehunter, so there might be more lodging available for someone. Guess I'll have to meet up with some of you yahoos at the next Deer Classic. Hope you have a great time. Thanks to those who are putting in the hard work to make it a fun weekend.

Top Bottom