Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd place buck at the classic poached

I see construction workers & contractors hunting all the time even had one sit in my stand once.Sure it happens alot more then we know.But most of them are probably smart enough not to take it to the deer classic.

Yea how dumb would he be to take it to deer classic. Pretty sad deal. We have had deer disappear over last couple years but havn't seen them turn up anywhere and none of the neighbors heard anything either.

An unrelated side note to the story above.

The guy that killed the #1 NT from Winneshiek county did everything right to put rumors to rest before they even started. He called local LE and DNR before he even went to recover the deer. It's to bad a person has to do that but I don't blame him for doing it though.

A DNA test would confirm whether or not the sheds were from the same deer. Sux, but I'm afraid there is a lot more of that crap going on than we realize or here about.

A DNA test would confirm whether or not the sheds were from the same deer. Sux, but I'm afraid there is a lot more of that crap going on than we realize or here about.

DNA test? Never heard of such!

Pretty obvious to see that that was the same deer without a question or doubt.

Hey Liv, I must hunt close to you. That picture came from one of my homebrews. It was taken 7 days before it was reportedly killed.

Last edited:
Hey Liv, I must hunt close to you. That picture came from one of my homebrews. It was taken 7 days before it was reportedly killed.

http://s138.photobucket.com/user/iowabucks/media/DSC00414-Copy2-Copy.jpg.html

It is an awesome pic man. I got the picture from the neighbor. I thought it was his photo.

I still highly doubt it was shot on our farm. That's what I was told the guy was claiming, others have told me he shot it at his job site and was a crane operator. They were replacing the bridge at the farm all fall and had the road closed therefore the job site made sense as well.

One thing about poachers, they lie. Who knows where he shot it.

We might see this deer again and the Iowa State Fair or The Iowa Deer Classic it will be in the DNR's booth. Case closed guilty.

Top Bottom