Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Season In The Snow

charbs82

So I am excited to see some snow on the ground for the second shotgun season...but not this much. We will probably stick to our usual methods of the hunt for this weekend, but does anybody have any good ideas for hunting in the heavy snow? Should we change the format of our pushes and posts? Just want to get some thoughts on hunting in the weather, I've done it plenty of times but never hurts to learn a little more.

Id just keep doin what worked before...I enjoy the snow too, but this is a lttle too much...i wish it would just stick to about 4 inches....but oh well itll be a fun time...let the fun begin. good luck!

Just the amount I was hoping for for the late muzzleloader season, and I hope it stays. :D

as long as the snow stays soft and doesn't get "crunchy" it should make for an easy stalk. Its alot easier to spot them with all this white.

Sorry guys, but these high winds usually put a crust on the top. Maybe deep in the timbers it will stay fluffy.

My hips hurt thinking about wading through knee deep snow, but it's a good hurt.:grin:

So with all this snow, what's the best way to drag one out, say short of getting someone else to do it? I was thinking of kidnapping the kids' plastic sled to see how it worked out. Would this be better than the standard drag?

Hunt the food source in the evening in your area. When it gets this bad the only thing on their mind is food and bedding. Good luck and get a big one.

So with all this snow, what's the best way to drag one out, say short of getting someone else to do it? I was thinking of kidnapping the kids' plastic sled to see how it worked out. Would this be better than the standard drag?

I use one of those deep black icefishing sleds to haul them out, you can bungee them right in it and it works slick.

I use one of those deep black icefishing sleds to haul them out, you can bungee them right in it and it works slick.

We have one of these sleds that we also use behind our ATV. Other than it sliding up under the tires on a slick, downhill surface somethimes, it is the bomb. The ice fishing sled gets my vote too.

Top Bottom