Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd season success

G

GunnerJon

A group of 4 friends and I all headed to south Iowa last thursday to hunt Fri, Sat and Sun and ended up all filling our tags by Sunday morning. Done in three days...can't complain with that! The weather was cold but we were all successful. Can't wait until 4th season. Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

we had terrible luck we couldnt even get them to come any closer than 60 yards. and we didnt hear that much gobbling either, oh well though!

Me and my dad snuck up on one about 50 yards away. I was calling, and he was shooting. I called him into about 30 yards. He was strutting, really putting on a show. My dad pulled the triger, and the turkey flinched. Didn't fall, just flinched. Him and his hen ran away. Dont asked me what happen. My dad's gun jammed, so he couldn't get a second shot in. We never found that tom. I know he hit him. We found the wad right where he was standing. It is hard to tell what happen! Well i guess you lose some, and you lose some.

PS. Many hunters have said they are having a hard time shooting a bird. I've heard two guys say the've had toms look right at there decoys, and not do any thing. like they don't even care. Any one else having this happen?
Good luck

2nd season was too easy for me and my dad. We went out Fri. evening at 5 at started calling a tome and hen came in with the tom strutting for about 100 yards. He came right up to the jake. 25 minutes after we sat down I shot him. 24 lbs. 8 inch beard. 7/8 inch spurs.
We headed in and Saturday morning got set up and withing 15 minutes my dad shot his tom. 23 lbs. 9 inch beard. only one spur which was about 3/8 inches long.
It seemed almost too easy for us. We tryed calling to see if we could get anything else to come in just for fun, but nothing was going on at all. I guess we might have gotten lucky and been at the right places at the right times.

Top Bottom