Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3 years of the same buck

Joey Rott

My target buck for this year. I have pictures of higher scoring bucks, but this guy I have history with, which means more to me. Back in 2006, I got several game camera pictures of him, and even had the opportunity to arrow him, but passed. He has unique main beams that wrap around & almost touch in the front. I also have a shed antler from him at 3 1/2 years old.

The next year in 2007, he grew up a descent amount in size. Unfortunately this was the only game camera pic of got of him last year, and didn't see him the whole year until late December when I watched him at about 80 yards for a while, so I know he made it through the hunting season.

And this year, at 5 1/2, he didn't grow much, if any, in terms of "Inches" but seemed to gain mass and some abnormal points on brows. I don't think he's going to get much, if any, bigger than he is now. I'd love to be able to harvest this guy when season opens. Now I just need to come up with a name for him!

2006 at 3 1/2
Photo-1.jpg

2007 at 4 1/2
SUNP0013.jpg

2008 at 5 1/2
SUNP0041-1-1.jpg

Put an arrow through him! That's really cool you've got so many years of photos of him! I'll be expecting a harvest photo! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That's awesome! I wish I could see the same buck grow over 3yr period.
Good luck! Can't wait to read the harvest story!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joey Rott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My target buck for this year. Now I just need to come up with a name for him! 2007 at 4 1/2
SUNP0013.jpg
</div></div>

Look at the second picture and stare into his eyes. Without looking up try to notice the shape of his rack. It looks like two "Grinch's hands". Great buck I'd call him "Grinch" but hopefully he won't be stealing your Christmas wish this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Great buck! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RageintheCage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is he standing in in the last pic. is that shatter cane </div></div>

It's Milo. They've been hitting that field pretty hard lately.

Top Bottom