Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4.5 ten?

Not sure about this buck he is ears wide he looks good from the side let him walk or tag him if given the chance?
picture.php

Thats a hard one, he looks like he could be a stud 3.5. Id say this is one where you will have to decide when he is in front of you. Looks like a nice 6 point left antler, what is he pushing on his right antler, 4?

First need to evaluate what you want out of hunting for this year. Is this the biggest buck you are going to see? If yes and you have no managment practices setup tag him. If you want to shoot a huge deer someday, that rational will only hurt your chances. That deer looks very young to me 2.5 maybe 3.5, he has the making to be a true giant next year or the year after.

mature deer without a doubt, if you were to put this picture up 5 years ago, people would be telling you he's a shooter and mature. Now that everyone has sat on the couch and watched tons of hunting DVD's their experts. That deer is mature, big, and doesnt have to shabby of head gear, what else are you looking for, thats just IMO though. Pass him if you got double drop tine 200inchers running around.

mature deer without a doubt, if you were to put this picture up 5 years ago, people would be telling you he's a shooter and mature. Now that everyone has sat on the couch and watched tons of hunting DVD's their experts. That deer is mature, big, and doesnt have to shabby of head gear, what else are you looking for...

Hit that nail right square on top of the head!!!!!!!!:way:

I'd give him a pass so he can reach his "full potential" & I would guess he's not there- but that's just me. If he'd make you happy, whack away.

I personally would let him walk. He's a nice buck I agree, but IMO he gets a free pass this year and this is not based on what BOONER has said about us and TV. Now BOONERS right in regards to his statement about 5 years ago, I definitely would have shot him then. Now for the reason I would not take him. Simple, he's not bigger than my biggest, of the 8 I have on my wall now and IMO he's not quite fully mature yet.

Lots of good points. The big question I would ask is do you have any pictures of him from previous years? IF you've been hunting this property, and IF you have had cameras out an not gotten any pics that clearly are him from the year before, then I'd maybe take a chance and pass him. What's really cool now versus 5 years ago is that you're asking the question instead of just blazing away. Whatever you do now is bound to be a reasoned, thoughtful decision, so in my book, that is a good thing.

First need to evaluate what you want out of hunting for this year. Is this the biggest buck you are going to see? If yes and you have no managment practices setup tag him. If you want to shoot a huge deer someday, that rational will only hurt your chances. That deer looks very young to me 2.5 maybe 3.5, he has the making to be a true giant next year or the year after.

Bingo, that one pic is hard to tell his age from the first pic, the second I would stay shoot away as he looks mature to me. If he is 3.5, then that is what dreams are made of in 2 years. :drink2:

Whatever makes your list!! I passed a 10 & a 12 last year that 98% of the hunters in Iowa woulda wet their shorts for!!! Not big mind you! And I have no Booners on my wall! Been at it for awhile! I know what I need to make me happy! Was not the same 5-10 years ago!! :drink2:

Top Bottom