Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

40th B-day turkey (a day late)

FinBonZ

Life Member
After a little pre- 40th party Friday night, I didn't make it out on Saturday morning. Bit I did take it a little easier that evening and got up for a Sunday hunt. After setting up on a pair of gobblers that plan was thrown out after a 4-wheeler in the pasture spooked both birds. With no other birds gobbling, I went to a favorite ridge that I can sneak into quietly and usually find a tom in the area. Settling in I gave a series of yelps on my wingbone and immediately had a bird gobble close. Couple more yelps on my mouth call and I spun around to where I thought I heard him. At about the time I felt sure I was set up right, my glasses started to fog over after the long climb up the ridge. So I toss them off to the side, quickly put them back on, and then realize I can't see too well without them but can't see a friggin' thing with them fogged over. By the time I get this all straightened out, I hear drumming and realize this bird is real close and I am not facing his direction. A quick readjustment and about the time he and his partner crest the hill, I am set up facing him at about 15 yards and am doing my best George Castanza impersonation by squinting to get my "super vision" to work. This whole setup ended about as quickly as it started with a good 2 year old getting tagged. This one was just about identical to the one my nephew shot during youth season in the same area. 22 lbs, 7/8 spurs, and a beard just under 10 in. A day after my 40th, but I'll take it!

Looking into the sun always makes for a great picture. (SQUINT!)
IMG_2634.jpg

Camo dipped yelper
IMG_2639.jpg

Last edited:
I too have had issues with glasses fogging up hunts before, I feel your pain. :D Nice bird!! :way:

Great Job Cloaca! I believe we are partners, if it stops snowing up here I might get one too LOL. And you didnt get it on your 40th but you got it on my 36th

Top Bottom