Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th mount Finished

Dbl.throat_patch

dbl.throat_patch
Taxidermy is just a hobie for me right now. Eventually I will take in some paying customers. Here is my 4th mount. What do ya think?
P1040428.JPG

P1040430.JPG

P1040433.JPG

P1040432.JPG

Wow! I love the form, and the mount looks awesome! Great detail! Good job! Would've never guessed it was only your fourth mount! I'd say you're off to a GREAT start!

Looks great for your 4th. The only thing that stood out to me were the eyes looked a little wide. I have the same problem and just need to learn to sculpt them knowing they will open up when they shrink. Ear butts look great as well as the nose. i wish I could get mine to lok that good.

taxidermy014.jpg

thanks for the replies everyone. Luckyshooter yours looks very good to me. Your nose pad looks great. I personally like a little heavier brow, but it still looks good. I need to make a back drop like that for my photos. Great job! Keep up the good work!

dbl throat patch,

Thanks for the comments. This is my 4th mount as well. You must of have really been studying the techniques. Have you visited taxidermy.net? I'm guessing you have. It's a great sight with a bunch of good taxidermist to answer our questions. Did you home tan your capes? I have been using Krotan with good results so far. I'm working on a full body Fox right now just to try something different. Good luck with your taxidermy, it looks like you will do just fine.

Corey

Kory,
You got the gift man. Keep it up. Looks great. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

See you at the classic!

Top Bottom