Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

6x6's Bucks!!!!

Shovelbuck

Not only does this guy find huge sheds, but his son and him shoot some bruisers also! He can fill us in with the stories.:way:
CDY_7395.jpg

100_2218.jpg

100_2224.jpg

And is 8 year old sons.......
CDY_2378.jpg

100_2333.jpg

100_2331.jpg

Haha wow....that is one nice piece he is hunting!!! Congrats on the season, and good luck finding the matches and whatever else may be out there yet!!

Thanks for posting these for me Jay. My son shot his buck on christmas eve. He was probably a 6 year old buck that was a real bully and ruled whatever field we saw him in.Funny thing is, he grew real long spikes with short brows as a 2 and 3 year old. The sheds from last year on my buck, with a 17 inch spread grossed 143. In one year he jumped to 202 inches, not counting 5 smaller points[1-3 inches each] that he wore down to under an inch. We hunted him hard all season but he was busy with the ladies all of november. I shot him with my bow in december when he went back to a feeding pattern on a cornfield. He is my biggest buck and I am gratefull to have got a chance at him, but I am pretty sure he was only 4 years old and the thought of what he could have been crosses my mind often. Knowing that, is there any of you guys that would have been able to pass him another year?

Holy moly that is an absolutely beautiful monster and your kids' aint to shabby either. Congrats to you both!

Knowing that, is there any of you guys that would have been able to pass him another year?

Negative. Hell of a buck, no matter of the age. He could have easily been smaller the next year. I've seen that happen to alot of whitetails.

Congrats on a buck of a lifetime, well, unless you kill that non-typical that you picked the shed up from.

Those were my thoughts as well, alot can happen to a buck in a year . But if he would have broken any of his long tines or beam I would have let him go another year.

Pass him is out of the question... Many things could've happened making you sick to your stomach like finding him dead shed hunting or a car hitting him or someone else getting him when you had the chance... Can't pass up the buck of a lifetime! Awesome bucks! :way:

Dark horns with twin kickers........stud deer! What do those 2's and 3's tape out to? How about a pic of his previous sheds too?

Outstanding bucks! I'm looking forward to your contributions to this site based on what i've seen so far. Welcome aboard and keep sharing.:way:

Top Bottom