Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

7 months pregnant, and all tagged out!

buck1979

At just about 7 months pregnant I was naive enough to think my wife would not want to bowhunt whitetails this fall. Apparently I was wrong. So monday we started sitting some alfalfa fields. We had some really close calls, but nothing was presented. Wednesday, surprisingly early at about 6 pm this fellow that we had been seeing on the trail cam appeared about 400 yards down the fence line. About 20 minutes later he had closed the distance to 22 yards, he turned broadside and a well placed arrow put him down inside 50 yards in the alfalfa field.

Here are a couple trail camera pics of him from August. ( I have pics of him from 2007 and 2008 for sure, I will post when I get a moment to dig around)

PICT0405.JPG

PICT0404.JPG

And here he is sfter, her best to date. For I think the first time I will say the pics don't do him justice. The Taxidermist rough taped him out, and we double checked and he comes in at 171 1/8 gross, but more importantly and unbelievable night shared in the deer blind.

IMG_0514.JPG

Awesome hunt!! She must be a pretty dedicated bow hunter if she wants to be out there while 7 months pregnant!! Congrats!

Was alot of fun. I had a good laugh yesterday reviewing the footage. Right, like 1 second after the shot my wife says "Ouch, the baby is kicking" without pause I replied " of course the baby is kicking, that was a hawg"

Top Bottom