Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8 from Yesterday :)

cybball

Well, after a long night, went out and found my buck today. Sat last night in a new ladder stand set up. Sat the whole evening without seeing anything. Finally, around 6pm, I saw a real nice buck run across an open picked corn field toward me. He entered the creek bottom I was in, but I lost him. I grunted and after a minute or two, I heard footsteps. Not the same deer, but this buck was walking right at me. I let him get 15 yards on a broadside trail and let him have it. He bucked and ran hard. Looked for quite a while last night, but after realizing it was a liver hit, and I hadn't pushed him, I backed out. Went in after lunch today and picked the trail back up and found him. He was minus his hind quarters thanks to the coyote population in the area. Glad to have him. He will make great steaks and breakfast sausage for the family. :) Now it's time to slay some does. (maybe just one as I don't need more than that.)
1027121526.jpg

Thanks guys. I did this 3 years ago on the exact same date. It's weird being done early, but I still have doe tags and my son has a buck tag. I'll be in a stand for weeks. :)

Top Bottom