Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8 point buck

P

Pahwahsin

I shot this buck yesterday Wed. 12/13, afternoon at 3:45 pm. He was with 3 does walking out into the harvested bean field that I was hunting. The first thing I saw were his antlers as he was walking up a hill towards me. I was sitting in a natural blind of brush along a fence line. My fist shot missed but confused him, as he walked closer to me. My second shot, unfortunately, hit him behind his ribs. The entry wound got some of his intestines and the exit wound went thru the back end of his chest cavity. I feel terrible about the suffering he had to go thru because it wasn't a very good shot.
He is the first buck I have ever taken in Iowa. There are 2 bigger bucks, (one is another 8pt and the other is a BIG 12 pt), that have been in the same area as this one. I hope to get a chance at one of them next year with my bow.

72698_pt_-_1.jpg

On page 26 of the Regs. there's a "Weapon Legal by Season" chart. Archery isin't marked for shotgun season's 1 and 2. So someone explain to me how this is a legal deer.

Top Bottom