Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Couple Early Target Bucks (Update 6/23)

KCCyclone

I've only had the camera out for less than a week, and two decent looking deer have decided to be nice enough to pose for the camera. I posted the first earlier last week and I think I'm going to name him "Thumbs" because of his brows at the moment.

SUNP0046.jpg

SUNP0052.jpg

Thumbs - 06.23.08
MDGC0053.jpg

The second I'm naming "Hightower". From what the pictures are showing, he's going to have an awfully tall rack.

DSC207.jpg

DSC210.jpg

Hightower - 06.23.08
MDGC0106.jpg

Unnamed - runs with Hightower
MDGC0101.jpg

Hopefully these guys will stick around this area all summer (and fall) and I'll be able to update this post with weekly pics to show the antler growth.

Re: A Couple Early Target Bucks

niiiice. just got my 3 cams up today. I was waiting for a forecast that did not include rain for at least 3 days and I think I finally got my break.

Great photos.

It is hard to guess age this time of year but if you asked me I would say the first buck is very mature and the second could benifit with a season or two more of maturity before you let the air out of him. I only say this because I think this would make for great discussion.

Again great photos.

It looks like the younger one ripped out his ear tag. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Great bucks and pics, second guy looks like he is cursin the camera in the last pic.

KRatz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great photos.

It is hard to guess age this time of year but if you asked me I would say the first buck is very mature and the second could benifit with a season or two more of maturity before you let the air out of him. I only say this because I think this would make for great discussion.

Again great photos. </div></div>

Although I'm not real good at judging age, I agree with the first buck being old. That first pic almost makes him look frail.

Top Bottom