Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A couple pics from today

Shovelbuck

We don't see these very often around here but I did manage to get a couple long range photos.

swans_web.JPG

Web_swans.JPG

Nice pics... Looks like there is a whole pile of them further out in the field.

One of my stands sits on a several miles drainage which has beaver dams/ponds about every 200-300yards. Last two years the trumpters would fly back and forth up and down that thing honking the for an hour or better befoe dark. Would scare the crap out of every deer that was was close to me. Talking to some of the oldtimers in my town they said they are extremely good eating.

Dean

hoofline.gif

Nice photos Jay, we don’t see many of them here in SW Iowa. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</span> Details Here!<span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

There are getting to be a lot of them around here. I have to say I really don't like them. They seem to drive the loons off the small ponds like the one on my place. We used to be able to enjoy the loons calling in the evenings while sitting on the deck, but now we have swans on our pond every year and we rarely hear the loons.

Trumpeters....we get 1000's of them in the spring on their way back. i need a good camera.
Nice pics Jay.

I have shot a few of them. Kinda like a lawnchair droping out of the sky. They pluck like a snow goose but taste much better.

There is a farmer near wher I live that works with the IA DNR realeasing a few couples off of his pond every year. He has a refuge set up and there are 1000's of Canadians and ducks on his place every fall. Also see some of the fatest rooster Pheasants around on his place, and can't get to them because of the refuge.

I thought it was illegal to shoot a Trumpeter?

Top Bottom