Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A DEERHUNTER IS BORN !!!!

moosehunter

PMA Member
I was really looking forward to taking my 12 tear old nefhew out during youth season this year and I think he was more excited about it than even I was judging by how many times he called me before season. Late yesterday Nolan made a good 50 yard shot with his muzzleloader and harvested his 1st doe. Just what we've been practicing at.

We laid in some tall grass along a fenceline next to a field where I know many deer come out to feed. He spotted the doe before me. So I layed on my stomach and he used my back as a gun rest and made the shot. I let him track the deer's blood trail into some tall brush until we bumped her into the woods then we backed off and decided to go out this morning. Turns out we didn't have to go very far. She was piled up 100 yards further than where we stopped. He took out the top of the lungs. Unfortunatly the coyotes got on her and ate most of the hind quarters so we only salvaged the backstraps and some stew meat from the shoulders. But the look on his face made all the sweat of getting her back up the hill worth it. I know it sure made me happy to see him so excited. He's one of those kids that would make any parent proud (or uncle).

I'll post a picture as soon as I get them developed.

Sorry about the coyotes Moose, but you are a great uncle/gun rest to help your nephew get his first deer. Congrats to both of you!
smile.gif

Congrats to your nephew and yourself.Sorry to hear about you losing some of the meat.Sounds like next you need to introduce him to varmint hunting!
OA
Gary

Way to go Nolan,
applause.gif
See Perry I knew you were good for something all this time, It just took Nolan to figure out what. Way to go MR.Gunrest.
evil.gif
jester.gif
grin.gif

That is awesome! Sorry about the yotes, looks like its time to thin those rascles out. Great photo and story.

Top Bottom