Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A few bambi pictures

JLC

I finally went through the pictures from Sunday.

I was using my D50 and the Tamron 300 2.8 lens on my window mount.

070807_1617_filtered.jpg

070807_1620_filtered.jpg

070807_1622_filtered.jpg

070807_1623_filtered.jpg

070807_1624_filtered.jpg

070807_1626_filtered.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Simply Awesome!
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I coulnd't agree more. You definatley have a given talent for photography. Thanks as always for sharing.

I had him at my blind twice last fall. both times under 10 yds.

First time I was reaching for the camera and the strap tapped the camera case. for some strange reason he didn't like the noise.

a week later he was back. I had the bow in my hands this time. he had 2 more steps to go when I heard a dull thud. I thought it was the handle for my wheelchair that slid off my bag and hit the floor. it wasn't. it was a limb that fell on the ramp to the blind.

I saw him 5 times last fall and hopefully I will get some close up pictures of him at the blind. I already decided I wasn't going to shoot him if he comes by. plenty of does out there for me and bucks for the camera, unless it is a booner, which I haven't seen out there yet since I started hunting the field 5 years ago.
Jack

ScottIC,
I was using my Nikon D50 with the Tamron 300 2.8 lens. That lens is an old manual lens I bought close to 20 years ago for my Canon FTb.

With that lens there is no metering, so before I hit the gravel I take a picture check the lighting and set the metering accordingly.

Most of the time with my other lenses I use aperture priority.

when driving around I usually have the lens set on f4 and the speed around 1/1000 depending on light. most of the time I am way below 1/1000

the buck crossed the road about 60 yds from me, I have the picture cropped quite a bit. I also set the ISO to 800 instead of 200, which I usually keep it at. That gave me 2 clicks faster on the shutter speed and I have a program which takes out allot of the noise (grain).

Jack

Top Bottom