Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A few comments

bukket

I thought I'd post a few items from the past few days:

* My newest hunting buddy harvested his first deer with a bow Friday night...a basket racked little buck. It was great to see. No pics, sorry!

* The new NAP Crossfires are absolutely lethal. I've never seen a deer bleed like this one did

* Deer movement in east-central Iowa is picking up, but we're still a ways away from the rut. The buck my buddy harvested Friday evening was did not show any signs of being ready to breed. His neck was normal and he didn't stink the least little bit.

*Scrape and rub activity is berzerk right now. As of 10/27 I am still seeing bucks running in small bachelor groups.

I think the best hunting will be the second week of November.

[ QUOTE ]
Scrape and rub activity is berzerk right now. As of 10/27 I am still seeing bucks running in small bachelor groups

[/ QUOTE ] So very true. I have had 3 bucks stay together around here. And they all stay in the same area. But soon the bigger boys are gonna start taking over!

Same from south central Iowa. Scrapes are being tended hard. Had to listen to a buck work one in the dark when I was waiting for daylight today! Can't wait for the wind to swith back to the North and for the craziness to start!

Top Bottom