Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Herd of Bobcats

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
My buddy got another great picture on his trail camera this last pull. I think it's pretty special to get one picture of a bobcat on trail camera, but this one is just crazy..

picture.php

This camera get's some strange stuff. He had a series on this camera a couple years ago of an owl killing and eating a possum.

Neat pic, it looks like it is probably a female with a litter of three to me.

Wonder what the rabbit population is like there? :grin:

Neat pic, it looks like it is probably a female with a litter of three to me.

Wonder what the rabbit population is like there? :grin:

There are none and the Turkey population is starting to go down too. If only they would find Coyote to be a tasty meal.

There are none and the Turkey population is starting to go down too. If only they would find Coyote to be a tasty meal.

I know other factors were present too, notably wet spring nesting conditions, but when bobcats started becoming somewhat common on our farm we went from excellent turkey hunting to frankly, poor turkey hunting in just a year or so. Hate to say it, but I think your flock is in for it.

Note - I know our turkey population drop was not limited just to poor nesting as we, and several neighbors too, found many dead adult turkeys over a year or so period.

The farm these are on was overrun with turkeys before and needed to be thinned out. They aren't hunted much if at all there. I think most game birds are in for a tough run unless more people pick up predator hunting and the DNR allows all the red hawks perched on every other fencepost to be shot again.

Top Bottom